3Tc Question.

Hey all,

Been a little bit since i have posted on here. Been super busy. I found a guy in my area with a 3tc. I am really wanting to swap it into my te31 corolla.

My main question is have you guys heard of people running a 3tc 1.8l block with the 1.6l head? Ive looked and havent had much info to be found.

Members dont see this ad

Hey mate,

I am also currently working on a 3TC however I don't have a 2TC head to confirm. I would

imagine it would be compatible and give you a nice little compression boost.

The best guys to speak to would be 3tcgarage.com when they finally get back up online.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I measured the cylinder head chamber volume of a 2T and 3T head and they were pretty similar, so there won't be any change in compression ratio with swapping heads. I measured 63cc with my TA22 2TC head, shaven 1mm. There could be variations in head chamber volume between different 2T/3T/13T engines; have to check. There are differences in the 2T and 3T piston dome volume, which brings the static compression ratio for the 2T/3T engine to a similar ballpark figure.

• 1 month later...

Just to clarify some things about the 2 and 3T engines. The 3t has the same bore size and very close head volume size. The part that gives it more volume is the piston shape, but more importantly is the wrist pin. It is closer to the head which brings the total height down giving more combustion chamber and lower combustion ratio. I believe the crank on the 3t's have a little more stroke to them as well. 3tc will give you a little bigger engine size that is more turbo friendly. Some people (possibly myself one day) put 3tc crank, rods, and pistons in a 2tc block to convert to 3tc to avoid engine swap / emissions. (some case clearance required to fit crank. This will essentially make your 2t a 3t inside. While doing this, you can get forged pistons and better valve springs to take advantage of the true potential of the T series engines ... but I’m getting off topic here...