Birthday Observation Trial 2013

KJ's Rollas

Hi All,

so it's been a while since the rollaclub has had a decent get-together.

and for those long time rollaclub members, you would remember our "Birthday Cruises"

So I thought it was time to get some interest happening again..

But rather than just a normal cruise or meet and greet, I thought it would be fun to have an observation trial!

I have organised them before and they are a great fun day out!

So I am proposing a Rollaclub Observation Trial.

So here's what I am thinking:

Date: TO BE ADVISED..

Venue: Barossa Valley (where there are lots of interesting things to see and do)

Meeting Point: Adelaide Rollaclub members, meet at Munno Para Shopping Centre, then cruise to Nuriootpa (approx 1/2 hour drive) where we'll meet at the Nuriootpa Train Park (Across the road from Red Rooster and Subway/BP) - there is a giant black steam train at the carpark. Here you will be de-briefed and receive your instructions/directions for the observation trial.

The trial will take approx 1.5 hours, taking you around the beautiful Barossa Valley where you will follow closely a set of directions and be required to spot certain things and find certain things - but this will NOT be a timed trial by any means, so no speeding, hooning or the like will be tolerated!!!

There will be checkpoints along the way, where you will be required to complete different tasks and points will be awarded accordingly.

At the end of the trial, we will have a BBQ lunch and presentations!

Cost will be $10 per car (as many people as you can fit in your car legally). This will cover lunch and expenses for the trial.

Start thinking about this as this is a great opportunity to have a fun day out and meet some fellow rollaclub members.

If you're keen to help out with organising, please inbox me!!

Cheers,

KJ :-)

Edited by KJ's Rollas

Members dont see this ad

Brilliant fun! I usd to love organising and doing them!

Put four or five pet-food tins out with tea candles in, give the navigator a little water pistol and time the cars on how long it takes to drive around in a cicle shootng the candles out.

Put a styrene cup of water on the scuttle just in front of the windscreen and time how long it takes to go around two cones in a figure-8 without splilling any.

Man, there were dozens of little tests we did in the middle of treasure hunts.

Brilliant fun! I usd to love organising and doing them!

Put four or five pet-food tins out with tea candles in, give the navigator a little water pistol and time the cars on how long it takes to drive around in a cicle shootng the candles out.

Put a styrene cup of water on the scuttle just in front of the windscreen and time how long it takes to go around two cones in a figure-8 without splilling any.

Man, there were dozens of little tests we did in the middle of treasure hunts.

Sounds like you have some great ideas!! Would you be keen to help out?

• 2 months later...

Date to be advised, as the original date we had organised didn't suit many people.

Let know which date/s and month you would be free and would be keen to have this event - it's still definitely going happen, it's just a question of When...!!

cheers,

KJ :-)

Edited by KJ's Rollas