Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke20 Shock Vs Ke30-55 Shock Length

Featured Replies

Hey guys,

 

Just about to strip down the rear end and rebuild it, but I have one quick question.

 

Did a bit of searching and I can't find any solid info on this.

 

Basically I want to use ke30-55 leafs for stiffness and I was hoping to also use ke30-55 shocks, but am unsure on the differences in length compared to the ke20 ones.

 

Hopefully someone can clear this up for me =).

 

Cheers,

 

Jay

ke20 rear shock 574 extended, 359 compressed, pin top, eye bottom with sleeve

ke30-55 rear shock 517 extended, 307 compressed pin top eye bottom

I put ke55 shocks and springs in my ke20 with 1&1/2" lowering blocks.

It does not make it any better and its possibly worse.

The springs are basically identical. You really need a short stroke shock with reset springs.

Early commodore wagon/ute rear shock and is 57mm shorter then std. These work perfectly with a 2" lowered ke20, they just require a sleeve fitted to the bottom eye, which is easily done. In my Group N ke20 I use vs commodore ute knoi sports with a sleeve in the bottom eye in my ke20 with a reset and extra leaf added.

  • Author

Ah perfect, thanks Andrew!

 

If lowering by 2 inches isn't going to legal for rwc I may have to wait till after and keep the original gear in for now.

 

Do you think this setup in your group N car would suit street use though (mainly as a daily)? Cheers

Sorry for the terrible grammer in my previous post.

 

I use koni sports (adjusted to suit my application). An unadjusted koni, or monroe gt gas would be fine.

hey lads while on the question of shocks ke20 to 30, are the 20 and 30 leaf springs of equal distance apart??? any help or info would be tops.

 

cheers

hey lads while on the question of shocks ke20 to 30, are the 20 and 30 leaf springs of equal distance apart??? any help or info would be tops.

 

cheers

 

no, ke3 springs are wider apart

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.