2Tg Into Ke55 (Gearbox Mounting)

Jollis-ke55

Hey guys I'm pretty new to all this stuff but I am keen on doing a 2TG engine conversion in my KE55. What I need to know is when I go to mount the gearbox, does it need special mounts made up or just be modified? also as far as i'm aware the actual engine is reasonably easy to put on requires slight mods. please correct me if I'm worng. any help would gladly be appreciated cheers guys Jerry.

Members dont see this ad

there is a theory that ta22 mounts on the 2t/3t/2tg will fit into a ke crossmemeber. I'm not really sure as the crossmember was designed to be built for a slant motor. google 2t in ke30 - 55 3t in ke30 55 i did months of research and came across a dude called johny rochester who did a heap of work to build up a te37 styled corolla, i had a 3t with t50 in my ke35 and it fit well with the xmember i modified and gearstick came thru where old 5spd sat and connected up to my tailshaft. u will need hydraulic clutch and pedal setup. gearbox xmember etc.. pm for more info

Here's some info:

http://www.geocities...Colosseum/4883/

Look under "T series engine conversion".

But there's some errors with the engine cross-member diagram. I've got an updated diagram if you are interested. And you can modify the K cross-member to T cross-member specs. Otherwise the engine won't sit right and will be too far back and too far over to the driver side. Would be a less hassle to find a T cross-member from the USA or somewhere in Asia and it would be a straight bolt in using TA22 engine mounts.

With the gearbox cross-member there are two bolt holes located further back underneath the body, and these can be used when fitting a T50 gearbox. The K gearbox cross-member can be used, but if the T engine sits in the factory position the gearbox mount holes on the cross-member need to be shifted towards the passenger side. Something like 20mm.

The T gearbox cross-member is shaped slightly different so it doesn't hit the back of the T50 (TA22). So the K gearbox cross member might need some shaping with a hammer. Otherwise it could send vibrations throughout the car.

Edited by bruce