New Road Rules In Sa

CD_rollaman

Yeh it is about revenue raising totally agree with that. As for putting speed cameras in places u can't see, well it shouldnt really be a problemif u aredoing what ya supposed to do. And no I'm not sayin that i never speed, been done a couple of times, just sayin if ya following thespeed limit then u wont get caught.

Members dont see this ad

keep in mind those wheelie bin cameras are SUPOSED to be there because it is to dangerous for a cop car to be there

however you need to have straight flat road for 500 mtrs before you get pinged to make the ticket valid

so if you kep pinged after coming out of a corner

or youve just come down a hill it does not count because the speed you are doing is not a fair cross section of you speed

found that ou thru going thru some of the crap the government releases but never makes it plain english

btw i don't mean flat as in level i mean flat as in steady increase or de crease or same level.

also means if the road is undulating to much doesnt count.

you can ask the copper for his badge number and his department and make a report to his department with his badge number if you feel unfairly treated

you can ask the copper for his badge number and his department and make a report to his department with his badge number if you feel unfairly treated

And once you do that, you can't drive down your own street without getting pulled over. It's not worth fighting with the cops.

Can I use my stereo remote control? :lolcry:

Now its getting ridiculous..... You mean I can't even have my morning ice coffee in the car on the way to work! :hmm:

I hope it is only if you are caught not paying attention to the road and do something stupid like swerve or miss a road sign ect! You deserve to be booked if ya can't control the vehicle! I'm hoping though the cops have better things to do.... like solve real crimes.....*hint hint mr occifer!* :)

I'm hoping though the cops have better things to do.... like solve real crimes.....*hint hint mr occifer!* :)

hmm

well when you think about it, more people die per year from car related accidents, then from any crimes. Each of us don't see it very often, but people die on the roads everyday .. and its a constant battle for the government and the cops. Maybe the cops are given more power now with these new laws, but its all for the better.

My girlfriends dad is a cop, and once you attend to accidents on a regular basis, seeing people stuck in cars next to their dead mates, you turn into a bit of a hardass. I know i would ... That kind of stuff turns you cold, so good on 'em ... book people for changing cds.

A mate of a mate died when he was changing cds in his ute and lost it and hit a tree ... and he was a decent driver. All it takes is for an animal to run out in front of you in one of those 'weak' moments when you are driving - changing a cd, reaching into the backseat for something, reading/sending a sms - and you're f@$ked.

Wouldn't you prefer that oncoming traffic aren't changing cds or fiddling with their headdecks or whatever? I've almost been run off the road by a car full of high school girls, arguing about god knows what and not paying attention ...

Dyzza

ok ive stayed outta this 1 for long enuf..

i do agree with most comments! but the moving mirrors law is stupid because you cannot always tell how they need moving when not on the road, but agree it is dangerous!

as for the changing cd i agree with however you should be able to change the volume etc while driving. (i also have a remote so I'm ok!)

I beleive it is becoming that the police are only focusing on traffic offences and not normal crime..... as soon as you make one single mistake the first ever: such as for example forgeting to put your indicator on you may end up with a fine of $150 or so!

all tha government is doing is revenue raising as some of you have said.

as for the makeup and reading in the car if you do this youre a moron anyway!

Ok Dyzza don't get me wrong. I agree with most of the new implemented laws. SMSing while driving is just plain stupid... as is putting on makeup. CD changing i can also understand being banned. I also know people do it and crashes may end up resulting in it. But if i get fined for driving along, sipping on an ice coffee, then putting it back into the centre console, thats getting a bit ridiculous! I totally agree the need to get tougher on speeding, drink driving, driving without due care, ect...... but I'm not exactly a threat when I'm drinking in my car. I can do that without takin my eyes of the road! Also why i use my remote in my car! I had a cop the other night follow me for about 5 kays right till i pulled into my driveway! He then just took off. Said nothing to me. No lights.. nothing! I did nothing to provoke this other than drive past him as he was pulling out of side street. Surely he has better things to do than follow me through the burbs home!

And by crimes that could mean anything... like speeding which probably contributed to a fair few of those "car related accidents".

• 2 months later...

At what point did we become monkeys that can't do two things at a time. We can get a caution for adjusting a safety device? where is the sense there, u don't have to focus on a mirror to adjust it, its called peripheral vision, and that goes for stereos, ac's... I never take my eyes off the road while I'm driving, and I have no problem adjusting the comfort level of my car. What's funny is the amount of technology police now have in their car. We can't adjust our stereo, while police are doing rego / licence checks on their LCD screen while tailgating you (I thort any dash mount monitor was illegal to be on while you drive, Double standard)

Eating, drinking, adjusting your stereo doesn't cause accidents, that's just their weak excuse they give to hide the fact that THEY can't DRIVE!

Edited by NVS

i know its an old topic but i feel as though i have to contribute....

it all about money in the end, nothing more

this is why they implement these new laws:

yes they make the new laws to scam more money out of us

and they also implement the new laws to save lives and prevent accidents, because the less accidents the more money they get to keep for their salaries

so the new laws is a win-win situation for them, more money, less casualties they have to mop up

but saying that the new laws are not gonna stop the majority of people from doing it, they crack down on mobile phoning while driving really heavily yet i see people do it every day

my 2c worth

Edited by Fayt

• 2 weeks later...