Ke70 Rear Springs

Jelterkun

Hello fellow car enthusiasts

I'm the owner off a 1981 toyota corolla KE70 and i have a question about lowering the rear suspension for this car.

I have read multiple times that there is no option to put coilovers in the rear unless you strenghten the chassis.

Because i have no knowledge about that i want to go with lowering springs.

What i have read is that if i have a KE70 younger then 1982, AE86 springs will fit in the rear.

Is this true?

If so, will these springs fit in the rear?

https://technotoytuning.com/toyota/ae86/swift-japan-6kg-rear-lowering-springs-ae86-corolla

If so, can i use adjustable koni shocks in the rear as well? Or do i need the AE86 strut?

Now i am starting this topic i just want to get some verification if this setup is right for the front suspension:

AE86 Coilovers

AE86 Steering arms

AE86 Disc rotors & brake calipers

AE86 Front wheel bearings

I know that this has come up many times but i can't seem to find some good answers.

Also, i live in the netherlands so king springs is not really an option for me.

THanks in advance

Members dont see this ad

How low do you want to take it??

Just cut the rear springs with a grinder if you're only taking a coil off.

Those technotoy springs won't fit correctly as your KE70 springs are cut at one end (which is why you can easily cut another coil off) while the technos are ground flat at both ends They won't sit in your spring base correctly.

Spend a few hours at a wrecking yard with a tape measure and a set of calipers measuing what is there. The wrecking yards basically give springs away for free, or maybe a few beers. A KE70 is not worth paying AE86 prices for parts!

Your problem with coilovers is that you will carry the weight (and stress) on the KE70's shock absober mounts, and they will probably fail.