4af-c Question Regarding 4k

mlaser

Ok as most of you know my 4k ke25 is dead. My question is are any of the internals from a 4k interchangable into a 4af-c (I'm pretty sure the ae82 csx was a 4af-c as the ae92 csx is a 4af-c). It's more for my own amusement if things like cam's, extractors are interchangable into a 4af-c i'm pretty sure that they probably aren't but hey, if you got em use em. Also i had a 32/36 webber (i think it was a 32/36) on the 4k which was running rich and was wondering if i should keep it in case the carby on the ae82 ever dies. This is all in the off-chance i can buy the wreck off the insurance for cheap. If i can buy it off the insurance for cheap and there's nothing i can swap over to the 4af-c then i'll keep it and sell it instead of having it lie dead in some wreckers. I loved that 4k, for some unknown reason it was fuel efficient, even with me giving it some quite often (250-270 miles per 30ltrs highway driving).

Members dont see this ad

I think the AE82 had the 4AC ... even if it has the 4AF, you've got no internals in common (A series vs K series engines).

The weber is useable with an adapter plate - although I still haven't sourced one. They *do* exist but my time has been consumed by other deeds of late.

Slapper

not that i know anything about webbers or compression or anything technical like that but i use to have an ae92 sedan 1991 model and that had a 4afc, if that says anything i don't know :P

yup ... that certainly matches what mlaser said first up too ... ae92=4af ... I think he was assuming the ae82 had a 4af based on his knowledge that the ae92 had one. However, ae82=4AC so far as I know.

cheers,

Slapper