Chillins Ke70 Slowmo Project

Chillin

Hey all,

Long time no post, but I'm back in a rolla after about 2 years on the dark-side. I recently purchased a KE70 as a slow project for myself and brother / weekend car for myself.

Breakdown:

1984 slant front

Toyota White

recent home spray job ( Pretty good job)

5 speed

300k's

sloppy diff

Shot carby

interior not in the best shape

Not drivable in current condition

Reasonable price

The Plan:

Fix it up nice and cleanly. Some nice wheels, Suspension and brakes. RWC then Rego!

Not keen on going way over the top like my last rolla.

I know next to nothing about the xE7x's as I'm more of a 55 man so ill be asking questions!

post-11193-0-75335200-1388825217_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

So sorted the carby out, primary jet was flooding fuel i to the port. Replaced the carby and the car still struggled to take throttle without killing the engine.

Timing was also out around 15 degrease so i chirped it up to around 10 advanced, but it pinged under load. Ran out of time last night as neighbours were not to happy about tuning a KE at 10:30

What fuel did it ping on?? 91 or 95?? Did you check what the max advance went out too??

I'd think they would take 10deg or 15 even, without a problem, maybe it is advancing too fast or too much with something broken in the bottom of the dizzy.

neighbours do get funny like that...

TBH i just guessed how many degrees it was so may not be exact haha, its on 91, my old 4k ran sweet when the dizzy clip was right above the adjustment bolt so i just did the same.

You have been a god send altezza, read through all the carby posts and diagrams to get her running