Rt81, 22,xxx Mile 1 Owner! Gets Modded...

RT81Guy

Cool! I just went and looked over the first pictures again, my engine bay used to be just as bad hahaha. I didn't know the original radiator caps are still available? Send me a link to the as if you have it and I'll grab one :)

My ODO says 13000 miles, sure it's been around once! Can't wait to see the wheels on your car. Wish I had money for wheels hahaha

Members dont see this ad

i'm not saying it has, but its quiet possible the odo's been around, mine was 0n 98,000m when i got it, the interior is perfect, hoodliner, seats and door trims all perfect, under the cars clean as too, so possilble its done more than that and still as good, but who gives a rats ass anyways, if its good its good,

iv'e got a link to mine below this if you wanna have a look :y:

Edited by glenpos

i've scanned both of your build threads in depth! its tough to get any info on these. I can't find that radiator cap atm mark but it was available on ebay in decmber in multiple listings so it'll pop back up.

I see you are running 2" blocks and a 1.5" drop up front. whats the clearance like? (directed @ mark)

miles wise i'm happy to believe its legit! could have been around but i'd expect at least some sun damage etc if it had done 122 miles in 17 years. used and abused daily. it still had quite original looking sparks and leads. i'd have to re-check but they were all marked tomoco etc. plus its fitted with ek holden mudflaps. that havent completely perished. rubbers are all still good etc. it really doesn't appear to have had over 100,000 miles. theres always a maybe but i think if you saw it in the skin you'd agree.

Clearance is good, exhaust scrapes a very lightly if your rough over speed bumps - take it slow and it's fine.

The new crossmember we made up sits a little lower than the exhaust now, if I go over bumps slow it's sweet but I hacked up a speed bump at work just after the conversion. The crossmember is 10mm thick steel so it's not going anywhere - will be modding it so it's not hanging down so low though.

All in all, 1.5 on the front and 2 at the back is great I'll be going lower after my respray though :)

Cleveland / feral 4k... when you inverted the leaf springs did you also reverse the shackles? (diff mounted elow the leaf)

also pics?????!!!!!

So heres a few pics of my setup, from what i think has happened, is the leafs have been pulled apart, and the bottom one put on the top of the set (or vice versa I'm not sure) and its been flipped upside down like that hence inverted leaf springs. I didnt do it myself, its how i got the car, but I'm pretty sure the shackles havent been reversed.

post-17369-0-38075200-1390800799_thumb.jpg

post-17369-0-45130600-1390801159_thumb.jpg

How it sits:

post-17369-0-77575800-1390801410_thumb.jpg

jeez thats a bit all over the shop. ill give it a go. i've got some 14"s so thatll raise it plus yours doesnt look super low.

shackles havent been flipped as the diff is above the spring like normal. but ive had a look underneath and i recon it's doable if needed. just shave the bump stop and i'll probably buy new shackles and bolts... just in case.

hey clevos dad here its only a matter of separating the leaf spring pack and inverting the bottom leaf and then reassembling, this flattens

out the whole spring pack and gives a good 2 1/2 to 3" drop simple effective way of lowering the rear. ps the boys car tows our dirtbikes and ride on

mowers etc etc so thats why its not on its arse, also cops don't even look at it which is always good in a 40 yo car i reckon.