Anyone Using An Electric Fan In A Ke70??

altezzaclub

Today I picked up an electric fan (Mazda 121 or similar, newish small hatch) from the wrecker for $5, and $40 worth of thermoswitch. Welll, actually I got a set of new front brake hoses, a pair of rear Monroe GT gas shocks and the fan for $20.

Having mounted the fan on the rad I was working out where to put the relay, and found that there is a space for one in the KE70 relay box! So some KEs must have had one!

The big question is... does anyone know which wire to hack into for the thermoswitch, such that the ignition/relay/fan wiring retains as much KE70 as possible.

Meantime, I'll go look at the KE70 wiring diagram.

Writeup to follow....

Members dont see this ad

My 20v is wired through the toyota box. The relay possies are powered or can be powered by adding a wire, they have all the pins connected to the wiring below, just no wires pushed in to connect them to anything. You can use the relay box to mount relays if you can use a multimeter to id which relay pins come out at which part of the plug, and connect from there. You just need factory style pins and the right crimpers. From memory the relay box on my 20v ke70 loom contains efi, fan, headlight and main relays like it always should.

Dead right! ...as I found when I pulled one apart at the wreckers this morning. Thankyou Sir!

So all the wiring is where it should be under the relays, but the plugs from the loombs have empty ports. I found the earlier Camrys (maybe late 80s-early 90s) have similar relays, while the later ones have new designs. Sadly the one I purloined is 'normally closed', and I need a 'normally open'.

I'll pop down there again on Monday. Hopefully this project will look more 'factory' than my headlight conversion!