Overheating?

balaiz

my temp gauge goes all the way up while cruising at around 50kmh(not sure because speedo does not work lol) but it goes down to about below 1/4 of the gauge as soon as i come to a stop.

is this the gauge or something more technical?

thanks

Members dont see this ad
my temp gauge goes all the way up while cruising at around 50kmh(not sure because speedo does not work lol) but it goes down to about below 1/4 of the gauge as soon as i come to a stop.

That's pretty weird, the motor works hard when driving but cools better from the airflow, so you don't even need a fan. Then when you stop it has to dump excess heat so the temp usually goes UP when you stop after a run.

Check the water pump and check the radiator for flow. Maybe its just poor circulation so it can't stand any heat load really.

How's the ignition timing? Being retarded make it run slower and hotter, but I can't see it making that much difference.

Edited by altezzaclub

Was the car originally K-engined and you've recently put a 2T innit?

I had a KE35 that had similar symptoms when I put a 5K in it, but it wasn't obviously running hot. Putting the 3K temp sensor back in fixed it.

Alternatively try an aftermarket temp gauge and sensor, or point a laser digital thermometer at it.

i can't check the timing yet because i don't have a timing light at the moment.

ill pull one hose later to check thanks. yea might need some aftermarket gauges.

and it originally had a 3k in it and the previous owner did the swap.