Ke11 Se And Sl What Is The Real Difference?

niland

I know the gearbox console and the boot badge are different but what if any are the other differences?

I understand you could do a couple of box ticks when buying one new like

headrests

tyre chains

foglights

luggage rack

undertray

but what are the major differences?

Edited by niland

Members dont see this ad

Everything was optional on any car, SL or otherwise. Boot badge isn't different.

The only SL specific changes from memory are the compression (10:1), cam duration, twin carbs with slightly different jetting plus actuation, I think the exhaust manifold is different, and the SL badges, instrument cluster and steering wheel.

I think virtually no Aust cars would have ticked the headrest option, so rare to finf them

I meant the boot badge SL or SE on the right hand side, not the toyota badge in the middle of the boot

So the only real differences are comp, cam duration, twin carbs, and I understand the SL models did have factory headers

The instrument cluster came in faux woodgrain both in tacho and non-tacho.

and also there was a rare sporty type steering wheel on the sedans that differed alot to the SL Sprinter wheel, I did have one on my first rolla but it snapped and was beyond repair.

So essentially you can make your standard KE11 look exactly like an SL model with a SL boot badge and some black paint.

Sorry, I'm fixating on KE15/17's as usual.

The Japanese market had access to far more options than ever came here.

See scans of the Aust SL brochure. Specifications and "Sport Features" detailed on the last page.

SL 1.pdf

SL 2.pdf

SL 3.pdf

SL 4.pdf

Note the cars photographed are presumably K engined rather than 3K, no 1200 badges

Edited by parrot

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, I'm fixating on KE15/17's as usual.

The Japanese market had access to far more options than ever came here.

See scans of the Aust SL brochure. Specifications and "Sport Features" detailed on the last page.

SL 1.pdf

SL 2.pdf

SL 3.pdf

SL 4.pdf

Note the cars photographed are presumably K engined rather than 3K, no 1200 badges

I'm moving to Japan, it's as simple as that.