Supercharger Mount Using A/c Bracket

leigh

Just wondering is anyone has some photos of a SC12 being mounted with a K motor AC bracket? I can't seem to find any detailed pics, have searched here, toymods and Club-k

I'm currently doing this conversion to my 5k :)

Cheers

Leigh

Members dont see this ad

I've been having a crack at this lately. My preliminary investigations have shown that the KE70 a/c bracket is the better one to modify than the KE55 one. An SC14 bolts directly to the bottom of the bracket and the pulley lines up with the idler pulley. But I'll have to grind off the top parts of the bracket to make the SC rotate and sit (close to) vertical. Mine is currently perpendicular to the bracket - not good enough I reckon. And I'll need to make a bracket to fix the top of the SC to somewhere. And source a 5PK pulley and idler.

I haven't seen a Liteace or Townace a/c bracket. They might be better?

If there's a definitive answer on which a/c bracket is best, it'd be great if it were added to the wiki.

Here's a shot of my preliminary tinkerings anyway. You can see it needs to rotate toward the bracket more = more grinding. Please excuse the stupid orientation.

post-18751-0-35892600-1394525329_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the reply, I think mine is a ke55 bracket. I'm alomsted tempted to not use it and make a custom one, however its hard at the moment recovering from a busted wrist haha

I can't get the blower to sit completely upright as the intake pipe hits the dizzy, The best postion I can get it at is about 15 dergrees leaning towards the drivers side. Hopefully this shouldn't affect it to much!

post-861-0-86875800-1394694885_thumb.jpg

I can't get the blower to sit completely upright as the intake pipe hits the dizzy, The best postion I can get it at is about 15 dergrees leaning towards the drivers side. Hopefully this shouldn't affect it to much!

It shouldn't effect it at all mate. It lived like that for a good 2+ years in my car. You will have to pull the blower out to check oil levels though. It's been so long since I had it on my car I can't remember if it read higher or lower, in the car.

Might be some photos of the bracket in my rides thread.

Edited by kickn5k

I had a look in your thread Stu but couldn't really see any clear pics. Would of been heaps easier if I got the mount that you had made! ha ha

Will try and find some correct bolts and put it in tonight and Ill post up a photo of how it sits

That's a KE70 mount. Are you mounting to the bottom holes? I've ground some bits off the top brackets to try and get the S/C upright but I'll have to tie the top of the S/C to somewhere on the block.

A KE55 mount looks like this;

post-18751-0-20233000-1394700956_thumb.jpg

i.e. kind of pointless.

I've seen this mount offered for sale here as being from a dude's S/C setup. Ignore the loose idler bracket. It was included in the sale for the wheel only.

post-18751-0-43198000-1394701164.jpg

Looks perfect, nothing in the way except the fuel pump - which you'd remove anyway - and with a top cleat close to the block to bracket the top of the S/C.

I reckon it could be from a Lite Ace or a Town Ace. I'm sure I threw one of those after a 5K swap in the past. bah.

Edited by Mechanical Sympathy

I'm mounting mine off the top holes, as my S/C inlet faces backwards so I need it up high to clear the dizzy. Ah Ke70 cool beans, at least I know what it is off now. Going to look at making a bracket to hold the top of the blower today!