Annoying Sound From The Climate Control

tercellen

In my corolla e120 the climate control is making a annoying sound while it is set to about 20 degrees Celsius. I've seen that there's a rod behind the glove department that is making the noise by continuously jerking around. It stops when I raise or lower the temperature with multiple degrees. Really annoying! How do I stop this problem?

Members dont see this ad

Too true....

On our old V50 Volvo there was an issue with the climate control being excessively noisy. I never dig around under the dash of daily driver cars, especially under warranty....

At the dealer it was fixed by downloading a software update.

My old Peugeot 307 (don't buy one) had a fault with the steering wheel mounted down volume switch not working after they had replaced the $1000 indicator switch unit - for the third time after the indicator switch broke again. Same story, latest software, fixed. Apparently the switch computer had to speak to the body computer which then communicates with the radio computer.

Moral of the story, buy a KE20. It may be draughtly, old, rusty and not have an airbag, but at least you can fix it yourself

Well parrot, that sounds... Disturbing. I already have a ke35 but as a daily driver, and not as a crusier, I prefer the e120. More electrical stuff that makes it more comfortable and faster but the biggest different between the two corollas is that I could sell the e120 in like 2-3 heartbeats. The ke35 I never could sell.

Good man!

There must be a forum around for an e120. I have found with our late model cars that common sense and intuition are redundant, but almost always you can find the answer on an obscure forum somewhere, or funnily enough on youtube.

I must say it is nice knowing you can just get in and turn the key and know your modern car will start. And all you really need to do is change the oil regularly, put up with high wearing brakes, and accept an expensive cam belt change eventually.