Fuel Tank Vapour Pipe Remove Or Block Off?

rolla76

Members dont see this ad

I prefer one thats easy to remove over one thats easy to hide. I'm using a mazda style one that just pulls out like most toyota washer bottles. Its circular, much smaller and lighter than stock, and the compact steel bracket stays bolted in when you pull it out. Same one also comes on kia, daewoos n all those rubbish K cars.

The way I had it set up in my last car, one handed tug and it pulls out with the hoses n all. Its really better to have one there, as its a nice thing to consider what happens when you flip the car upside down, or have some silly issue with pressurising the tank and forcing your fuel out. Why have any adr issues at all? Not worth it in these days of impoundings and crushings.

Id be concerned if I had an impact that made me lose volume from the tank, that the fuel wouldnt have an inert medium to be discharged to, instead being sprayed onto hot and or mangled items in the car. Consider the worst case scenario. Plus you will be sometimes able to smell fuel around the car needlessly, why breathe toluene if you don't need to?

IMAG1695_zps83280893.jpg

• Upvote 1

3k motor getting cam done duration 233/233 advertised duration 284 cam lift 280 valve lift 420 lob set 108 single webber and pipes and want the head done

Have you asked your cam grinder what they reccomend? That would be your best bet. Cams a ground to work on specific set ups.

I read this post, because I'm also interested in putting in a new canister from another car that's smaller than the original. I had a close look at the existing one that's mounted up just behind the battery on the battery hold down bracket on my KE55. It has the two (2) hoses on the top clearly maked "to tank" & "purge" which connects to the outside base of the carby. There is also a hose directly out the middle underside of the cannister that goes through a grommet into the chassis rail directly below the cannister. I presume this is some sort of final overpressure bypass if the cannister becomes blocked & doesn't release the fuel tank pressure. Can anyone confirm what this third line does ?

Cheers Banjo

Edited by Banjo