Ke1X Camber Plates

Members dont see this ad

Todd,

I'm going to be re-drilling some ae86 camber tops for my ke10.

I have the camber tops and in theory it all looks like it will work, but I have not got around to it yet.

don't expect to get much movement in the strut unless you go coilovers with a small dia spring...

I've tested ae86, s13 and hsd blank cambertops.. none are ideal. The problem is ke1x has such a tiny hole in the strut tower and most cambertops hit this before getting any real adjustment in..

Ideally what you want to do is make a spacer ring to drop the cambertop down around 8-10mm so you can have full adjustment

I removed the bolts which hold the two halves of the cambertop together and welded them together. I figure around 7" of weld underneath is stronger than 4 m6/m8 bolts

What I also did, If you look at ke10 knuckles youll see the balljoint hole is off centre on a tab on the side..

I had this removed the knuckles drilled to suit ke70 balljoint in the middle of the knuckle like an 86/ ke70 knuckle.

Gaines roughly 35mm track and a good 3deg neg camber

Edit: Also as brought up above you'll need coilovers. Standard struts won't get any camber gain.

Edited by Jono.C

righto cheers for the replies ye going to be using hsd coil over conversion will definatly look into spacing camber top lower for more adjustment .

Jono.C are u talking about where the lca connects to the knuckle havnt really had to close of a look at the set up on hte ke11 yet but ill pull it apart this break

Yeah it's offset on a ke1x, It's not through the knuckle like a normal Ke30/ke70 etc it's on a tab on the side

I sold my setup and went ke20 struts with the stub axles adjusted so not sure if i have any old photos kicking around but see what i can dig up

Anyone have a thread on these coilovers you're all talking about? Mine is riding like a brick now and I can't find anything over here for the front end. Does it involve changing everything out? Spindle , brakes etc....I have '72 model discs on the front but the rest is all '68. I don't need a lot of adjustment, I just want to keep my teeth in my head.

You can't buy them you make them.

Look on a website "techno toy tuning" as you're in america I believe? Look under ke10 for a "sleeve kit" which is coilover sleeves and sleeves.

Along with this I'd get gas shocks to put in the struts too. I use mk1 golf gti shocks which are fairly short, I'd see what your local parts shop can find you..

Then get a boilermaker/ welder to put the kit on your struts and thats it

Sounds good, Thanks Jono.

Edit...looks like they only go to KE20? Don't have KE10 in the list. But since it slips over, will that still work on a KE10? I tried strut inserts for the 20 once and they wont fit all the way down in the tubes, had to send them back. The 10's have a little part at the bottom end about 1-2 inches that's narrower than the top.

I have emailed them with the question, I'll see what they say.

Edited by CorollaNut68