Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Handbrake Cable Position

Featured Replies

Another dumb question I'm sure but I have to ask. Car is KE30. Is it a bad idea to move the mid mounting point of the handbrake cable. Reason is I want to put a surge tank and fuel pump under the car ( I really don't want it in the boot ). Looks like the cable wont be a problem with the leaf spring travel and chassis rail. Id use a 15mm standoff to keep the cable off the floor. I'm limited as to where to put the pump and this seems like the only solution. Photos better explain

 

stock

IMG_4642_zps4d123591.jpg

 

change to

IMG_4644_zpsaec04201.jpg

 

IMG_4640_zpsb62782b8.jpg

 

Untitled_zpse94b2a51.jpg

Edited by Killar_of_giants

I don't know how the hub end of the cable works on those, mine is simply hooked to a lever that pulls outward from the rear side of the hub. The cable routes like your "change to" version, but to the rear instead of the front (top down view).

As long as it operates correctly and reliably...it just needs to be still (a sturdy mount) and pull a lever (in the right direction and without too much or too little slack) and not be too tight of a bend.. .play with it, park on a hill....just don't do anything you can't undo until you're sure it works.

  • Author

In my opinion behind the diff beside the spare wheel well is a better spot, it may require more effort looking for a surge tank but the result would be worth it.

Yeah Ive done an autocad drawing similar to MartyK's surgetank. Just wanted to make sure everything will fit before I get it made up.

 

Thanks everyone for the replies, appreciated.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.