Ke70 Newcomer. Help Needed!?

Hey everybody, My name is Jake and I'm 17 just got my P's and just got my 2nd car which is a 4K 4spd KE70 Slant Front. Just joined the rollaclub to hopefully learn some new KE70 info, do some rolla cruises (SA), check out other KE's and hopefully pass the info on in the future.

But theres is a couple of issues that need to be treated and some things I want to do before I put her back on the street so she looks sick.

- It has a 32/36 Redline Weber on it which apparently it wont start because the breather pipe hasnt been put on properly

- Has usual rust problems

- Needs a new drivers seat

- Possibly a new coat of paint when rust is fixed

The weber looks back to front compared to every other 4K, and just not sure to be honest. Also in the 2nd image what is the circled part called and what is it. It comes off the intake manifold.

Sorry about the shitty paint illustrations btw

post-20961-0-70400000-1405345724_thumb.jpg

post-20961-0-20343400-1405345813_thumb.jpg

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction

Cheers KE70Rollin

Edited by KE70Rollin

Members dont see this ad

The Weber throttle is back to front compared to the stock Aisin, so you'll have to change the throttle cable setup. The square fitting with the arm in the middle is the accelerator pump, it works on a square diaphram like a fuel pump instead of a piston in a cylinder like most carbs.

Spend a few hours learning about using them from posts on here, and PM guys to find out what jets they used. They are the cheapest improvement you can get for the 4K.

Now add a cam grind, a set of extractors and a free-flow exhaust!

Welcome in!

Also when you turn it around, it's easier to fit if you've got studs in the manifold instead of bolts to keep the carby on.

That ding dang in the 2nd photo should go to the exhaust recirculation valve, which you don't have. You need to block it off some how before you'll get going.

Edited by GJM85

• 2 weeks later...