Ae90 What Engine?

henga12

Hey all I'm new to this site and rollas in general, I've just begun driving my brother's old ae90 and wanted to know what engine it is. Did a quick search on google and it says the ae90s variant is an SE which would mean it is a 6A-FE 1.4cc. Found it weird how the car has a 1.6L badge on it. Don't think anyone would have put the badge on it. If I was to do a swap further down the track what engine would be the most compatible for it? Thanks!

Members dont see this ad

Hey all I'm new to this site and rollas in general, I've just begun driving my brother's old ae90 and wanted to know what engine it is. Did a quick search on google and it says the ae90s variant is an SE which would mean it is a 6A-FE 1.4cc. Found it weird how the car has a 1.6L badge on it. Don't think anyone would have put the badge on it. If I was to do a swap further down the track what engine would be the most compatible for it? Thanks!

AE90 SE hatches had the 1.4L 6AFC. Series 1 SE sedans did too, but they changed to the 1.6 4AFE at the facelift. I think there was some other weird combinations of AE90/CS and AE92/SE that had different engines but AE9x model codes get very confusing very quickly (for some reason Toyota dediced that the AE9x would be the model that had about 5 different model codes depending on spec, ie AE90/92/93/94/96 etc)

Is yours a sedan or hatch? Carby or EFI? Pictures tell a thousand words. There's also the chance that whatever panel the 1.6L badge is on has been replaced in an accident and the owner didn't care (or they wanted to fool people into thinking they had the "big block" :P)