Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What Gearbox For 4A?

Featured Replies

Hey guys, I'm new to this site so sorry if I seem a bit naive. I have a KE70 with a 4K and 5 speed and love driving it although it's a bit lacking in grunt. I just purchased another KE70 with an awesome body and a 4A engine, but the only problem is it's an auto. Just wondering what manual box I should put behind the 4A??

 

Thanks :)

"T50" 5 speed from a manual ae71 or ae86

Take note that there are two types, the AE71 and ADM AE86 box has the clutch cylinder on the passengers side, the JDM AE86 is on the drivers side. If yours is a 4AC and you plan to keep it that way then it might be better to get a box with the clutch slave on the passengers side so the exhaust heat doesn't affect your hydraulics. If you plan to go twin cam at some stage, try and get a JDM box and just live with it for a little while. You can get all sorts of braided lines etc. to help with the heat, so it's not a huge issue, but if you're starting from scratch, may as well choose wisely.

  • Author

Thanks for all the info guys! Does anyone know where I could pick up all the parts I need for the conversion at a decent price?? (I'm located in Melbourne btw)

Also, I was told it was a KE70 and when I got it home I checked it out and it's actually an AE71

  • 2 weeks later...

There's always the LEEN converted J160 6 speed........ :thumbsup:

 

LeenSurreptitious_zps1bf256f2.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.