77 Ke30 Keep Original Or Sleeper?

Stroudy37

Hey guys,

So a few weeks ago I bought a '77 KE30 Rolla and now I am faced with the moral dilemma of do I keep it original and a collectors item or do I turn it into a cool little sleeper?

what do you guys think?

had to link to my FB cause my internet is too slow where i am at the moment but it should bring it up, if not go to my cover photos

https://www.facebook...&type=3

Ps. I do have original wheels for it just getting some rubber atm

Edited by Stroudy37

Members dont see this ad

sr20 engine, obviously everything needed with that bigger brakes, suspension etc

interior, audio, may get the seats re done although they are pretty damn good. everything else, roof lining carpet is all perfect.

yeh apart from the paint its all original, dash has no cracking etc

what is the collectors market like for these?

Edit - the corolla will become a historic car in 3 years when it becomes 40 yrs old.

Also the colour is standard, just checked colour codes for that year and they did come out with an orange. found a brochure too.

Edited by Stroudy37

Up to you really but I wouldn't keep it stock just because you think it might become collectable and be worth more if its original. These cars aren't worth that much in comparison to other Japanese cars of a similar vintage like Mazdas and Datsuns etc. You just have to look at the prices a stock ke20 is worth to see potentially what your ke30 may be worth in a few more years. Also being a 4 door it is the least likely model to be sought after.

If you would be happy driving around in a stock ke30 then keep it stock. If that's too boring then modify.

Edited by mark1414