Alternator Problems Ke30 3K

Jierexx

Fuses are checked and they are all fine. Have had the alternator on test and it charge great. Been following some cables from the alternator and the blue (N) and green (F) cabels both goes to the Tail Relay. If I bridge those cabels att the Tail Relay it clicks and the alternator starts charging. But it charges without control, after some time running it hit 17 V in to the battery and I shut it off. The Blue cabel (N) goes in to 4 places in to the Solid State Relay after the Tail Relay. Tail Relay clicks when the ignition is at off and I take the minus pol off and on from the battery.

Have been reading some wiring diagrams and can't see that those cabels should go in to the tail relay at all... ? But that the only way the sockets fits, and they havnt been changed.

Diagrams:

http://home.swiftdsl...& 36 Wiring.jpg

http://home.swiftdsl...36 Wiring 2.jpg

I have also bridged passed the "Solid state" relay and then gets the headlights to light. That relay have direct 12 V from the battery and one bigger red cabel that goes to the head lights so that most have something to do with the headlights.

So confused here...

Cheers

Members dont see this ad

Okej guys!!

Got the headlights to work after alot of switching cables here and there...

Had been re-connected in the wrong way.. so much time working on the problem and changing some cables and relays and it started working.

But still the alternator wont work. So guessing the regulator went faulty now when it have been connected with direct 12V on the wrong connections.

But a solid state relay aint mechanical? So how to test if it work?

Best regards

Jeff

post-19390-0-85804500-1411071915_thumb.jpg