Alternator Problems Ke30 3K

Jierexx

Hi,

Just re-assembled the engine after some maintance work. I got a short circut by misstake on the alternator when i was putting it back and now when everything is on its place again i saw that the charge lamp was lighting. Havnt done that before, and after checking the voltage on the battery it stays the same, around 12,3, when the car is off and when I start up the car.

So seems like something have to be wrong with the alternator? Can the short circut have killed it? What to check?

I know its hard for you to help with so little information but really need some help here.

All the cables should be in the right place, well it can't be connected in any other way so.

Its an ke30 -77 with 3k engine.

Thanks..

Members dont see this ad

Hi Jeff,

That's a bummer ! Is your alternator a Bosch unit with built-in regulator, or a Denso unit with external relay regulator box up on the inner guard wall ? If it's a damaged regulator, you may well be able to fix it by fitting another new or used known working regulator. If the problem is s/c diodes or winding issues, it is probably not something you can fix yourself.

Best suggestion, would be to remove the complete alternator & take it to an auto electrican, who has all the gear & can test it on the bench.

Lets know how you go.

Cheers Banjo

Hi Jeff,

That's a bummer ! Is your alternator a Bosch unit with built-in regulator, or a Denso unit with external relay regulator box up on the inner guard wall ? If it's a damaged regulator, you may well be able to fix it by fitting another new or used known working regulator. If the problem is s/c diodes or winding issues, it is probably not something you can fix yourself.

Best suggestion, would be to remove the complete alternator & take it to an auto electrican, who has all the gear & can test it on the bench.

Lets know how you go.

Cheers Banjo

Thanks for the answer!

I think it most be the Bosch one, its connected with 4 cables, 3 of them together in a socket.

And can't se any parts placed on it on the outside.

Sounds like a plan, Will take it to a mechanic later today.

Will be back with more info.

So just a lite info update before I head of to the mechanic. Just tried to start the car after the night and it did just turn the starter around to start the car. Checked the voltage on the battery and it was down on 10 V from 12,3 V under just the night. Hope that can give someone more to go on.

Hi Jeff,

Looks very much like a Denso. Where are you located ?

Cheers Banjo

You are right! Denso 27020-24081.

I'm located in Sweden... What I know of this is like the Only ke30 that are hiting our roads up here so we have no forum at all for this kind of cars...

A friend just told me that I should check if there was voltage coming in to the alternator so it "goes on".

Do you know which contact n or f that should have that? Or are he on Deep water?

The local alternator store told me they could get a new for $200 and couldnt help me more than that....

So just checked the incoming current to the alternator, I have 12,5V on N when ignition is on. So that wasnt the problem. And paying $ 200 for a new one is my last option so I guess I have no more to do than start to put it a part and test the diods?

If someone is good on that subject here I would really appreciate a little "guiding" on what can be good to have in mind.

Thanks!

I Did get 12v in so that gives it that something in the alternator is bad. Can that have anything to do with that no lights are Working on the car? Have checked every damn cable but no tail lights or headbeams Will work... And the turn indicators just click and then stays on with a solid orange light instead of blinking.

Geting really tired of this electronic shit...

So I have 2 problems left til it is complete,

- alternator, maybe a diod that got burn After the short circut.

- and no outer-lights is Working besides a solid lighting turn signal. The hazard signal works tho.

Thanks!