Whats My 55 Worth... ?

azza001

Hi guys,

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I didn't want to put in the market place yet..

I have my pride and joy 55 that I will be selling in the next month or so and have no idea what sort of a price tag to put on it....

Standard engine

12 months rego

starts and runs great

sun visor and rear Venetians

four almost new tyres

new carpet (hasn't been laid properly though)

and of course it does have some rust in her....

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Members dont see this ad

Hi Aaron,

Looks like it has had a respray, and engine bay painted gloss black ? Has thermofan fitted I presume, as original fan has been removed ? Nice clean engine bay ! Extractors ! Where is the rust coming through ? Rear wheel aches ? What mileage has it got on it ? Original manual or Auto gearbox ?

At first glance I would say 2K - 3K. Very dependent on potential buyer interest, and location in NSW. Sydney or elsewhere ?

Cheers Banjo

At first glance I would say 2K - 3K. Very dependent on potential buyer interest, and location in NSW. Sydney or elsewhere ?

That's dead right, its hard to sell outside the big metropolitans or at least get many potential customers, so you end up with very few offers.

The black engine bay is a minus I reckon, suddenly its no longer an "original little ol' lady's car", but the body looks good. People who just want to drive it as is will pay a couple of grand, people who want to restore it and take out the rust will discount the nice paint as they will be stripping it back. They'll pay more for all that chrome trim if its straight, that's the sort of thing that is getting harder to find.