Ke30 Brakes - New Bolt In (Calipers)

Samwich

Hey guys,

My ke30 is currently getting a full body restore, bare metal re-spray and Rust/dent removal.

The front brakes are cactus and need replacing for rego. I have been looking around for new gear and am unable to find new calipers.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

I would like to replace the whole front and maybe rear brake systems.

Regards,

Sam

Members dont see this ad

Hi Sam,

Do you want to keep the brakes standard or upgrade ? What do you intend to do with the car ? Standard engine, daily drive, bit of sporting fun ? If you want to upgrade there are numerous options detailed on this forum.

If you are just after a set of good KE30 calipers, I can help you out there. Have good set that came off my KE30, after recent Celica/Cressida brake upgrade.

Cheers Banjo

Hey Banjo,

Will be upgrading engine one day (Maybe the SR out of my Gemini). But at this stage stock should be more then enough for the 1.2L. Maybe coilovers + big brakes in a year or two.

Car will be a weekender/semi show. I think stock refurbished with new slotted rotors should be more then enough. I think my calipers are seized after not being driven for 5 years... (Wheel stiff with them on, wont spin freely)

Also need new brake lines that I will most likely get a shop to make up. (I cut mine off due to impatience)

Thanks,

Sam