Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke30 Brakes - New Bolt In (Calipers)

Featured Replies

Hey guys,

 

My ke30 is currently getting a full body restore, bare metal re-spray and Rust/dent removal.

 

The front brakes are cactus and need replacing for rego. I have been looking around for new gear and am unable to find new calipers.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

 

I would like to replace the whole front and maybe rear brake systems.

 

Regards,

Sam

Hi Sam,

Do you want to keep the brakes standard or upgrade ? What do you intend to do with the car ? Standard engine, daily drive, bit of sporting fun ? If you want to upgrade there are numerous options detailed on this forum.

 

If you are just after a set of good KE30 calipers, I can help you out there. Have good set that came off my KE30, after recent Celica/Cressida brake upgrade.

 

Cheers Banjo

  • Author

Hey Banjo,

 

Will be upgrading engine one day (Maybe the SR out of my Gemini). But at this stage stock should be more then enough for the 1.2L. Maybe coilovers + big brakes in a year or two.

 

Car will be a weekender/semi show. I think stock refurbished with new slotted rotors should be more then enough. I think my calipers are seized after not being driven for 5 years... (Wheel stiff with them on, wont spin freely)

 

Also need new brake lines that I will most likely get a shop to make up. (I cut mine off due to impatience)

 

Thanks,

Sam

You can still buy new flexi brake lines, even the solid steel ones you can get made up for cheap. Just get your old calipers rebuilt, I got a pair done a couple of years ago and cost around the $150 mark for the pair,

 

cheers!

  • Author

Does that involve any fabrication? Do I use ke30 or ke70 springs?

 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.