March 23, 201511 yr comment_695311 I, like many on RollaClub, have upgraded my master cylinder to the Pajero one, after upgrading front brakes & caliper upsizing. It is very popular, because it is basically a straight swap. The Pajero MC comes standard, with a low level alarm signal, by way of a small plastic tube that slides in under the MC resevoir. It contains a small N.O. reed relay. The resevoir float has little magnet in the bottom which closes the reed relay, when the level becomes too low. A few members I have talked to, have just not used the alarm switch, as the KEs did not have a low level brake fluid warning light. I found a very simple way to utilise it. All KE30s have a handbrake warning light, which shows the handbrake is on. As this is only on, when the car is stationary, and the hand brake applied, this warning light, can be used to also warn of low brake fluid level. The handbrake light switch simply applies an earth or ground to a red wire with white stripe, which runs from the handbrake along the tunnel under the carpet, and is usually visible coming out under the carpet forward on the gearbox hump, just to the LHS & up of the clutch pedal. By simply running the Pajaro 2 x wires to this point, and splicing one wire to the red/white wire & the other to ground/chassis, the hand brake warning light effectively becomes also a low level brake fluid indicator. To test after wiring up, place car on level area. Chock the wheels. Release handbrake. Turn on ignition switch to "Run". Remove Pajero MC screw lid. Press down float, with clean screw driver, and dash brake light should illuminate. I did notice on my KE30 that there is a spare dash warning light directly below the brake warning light. It has a blanking piece in it. Looking up an old KE30 wiring diagram I have here, indicates it is probably what is described on the wiring as a "brake differential switch". I can only assume this was a switch fitted to some models, where if the front or rear hydraulic circuit failed, it warned you when you applied the brakes. As it is not used on the my KE30, i suppose you could hook the Pajero MC wire up to it, fit a bulb & have a seperate light for the MC fluid level warning. According to the wiring diagram, the differential brake wire was green with white stripe. Cheers Banjo Edited March 23, 201511 yr by Banjo Report
March 24, 201511 yr comment_695353 Could one of these Pajero thingies be gotten in the states? I'm running out of kits and need something pretty soon. I'm thinking if it's a straight swap for a KE30 it won't fit my KE10. Just looked at one...nevermind. Editing my edit....just found and ordered a new original from classicgarage... Edited March 24, 201511 yr by CorollaNut68 Report
September 2, 201610 yr comment_706203 Good write up banjo I would guess that every one thats done this converstion never hooked the warning light up. Neil only fits early 30 boosters ,ke55 different stud pattern. rob Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now