Super Jamie

who needs to buy a k&n when you have an angle grinder :rolla:

http://superjamie.fotki.com/cars/mango/200...engine_bay.html

http://superjamie.fotki.com/cars/mango/200...budget_air.html

http://superjamie.fotki.com/cars/mango/200...gine_bay-2.html

http://superjamie.fotki.com/cars/mango/200...gine_bay-3.html

i took some more random photos of the car if anyone's interested

http://superjamie.fotki.com/cars/mango/page3.html

i've changed the tappet cover for one with two pipes for ventilation, put another uniflow pod on, just gave it a quick wipe with mothers and some 2000 grit, i'll polish it on the wheel some other time. have added 10mm ignition leads. cbf putting the washer bottle back in, it leaks :D i've also gone back to bp5 spark plugs, i didnt like 6s. i've also used a clutch horn rubber at the adjuster to solve that cable stretch problem i had with the HD clutch. next i want to wrap the exhaust

Members dont see this ad

i've never really had a problem with winter/summer engine bay heat. it might change your idle speed a bit and knock 5km/h off your top speed, but it's no big deal. i can get this thing to ping anywhere because it's running 10.1:1, but that's all throttle control. and to think i wanted to run 10.6 :D

looking at the plugs it's running pretty lean. wish i had an EGO

i figure a paper filter is going to suffer a shitload less heat soak than the metal filter housing. sometimes i'd put my hand on that thing and think "mm great intake temp there jamie"

This thing is running waay too rich

be careful with that. i ran my way holley too rich, it used to backfire on decelleration. i thought it sounded really cool (well it did) until i blew the air horn off the top of the carb and had fuel from the exposed float bowls pissing onto the extractors. ahh the things we do when young and foolish

Why don't you get like an O2 sensor from the wreckers or something, get an exhaust place to tap a fitting on and get one of those Jaycar lambda meters? Then you'd be able to tune it whenever you want...

I don't know how much an O2 sensor is (I got mine with my exhaust manifold which I paid $50 for), but the Jaycar lambda meter isn't expensive (I have one) and I can't imagine getting a fitting tigged onto your headers costing very much...

i have two jaycar mixture LED kits, made, at home. i can easily get bosch and ntk single, three or four wire EGOs from stewart. having a sensor halfnut welded into the extractors is easy too

but

then you have to calibrate it. and without having that sensor in an efi car, tuning it for stoich, then putting the whole lot back into my car, it's a pointless exercise

of course i could install the parts and tune it off a dyno ego... hmm

$120 isn't bad. They have a dyno at the wreckers? Alsonville is a very strange town :)

Why do you have a visa?

Fire extinguishers are cheap, in fact I might be selling one. Perfectly working, but apparently isn't suitable for CAMS because it's got a plastic bracket. I haven't really looked into this yet, should probably give the CAMS manual a flick through...

Unless the 2004 manual says something different, there is nothing illegal about plastic fire ext. brackets. I have two, I have been told that I should change to metal, at which time I advise them that Chubb Fire recommend plastic, especially in cars due to vibration and chaffing....

Back to the three wheeled Corolla.......

R

you heard of Yager's? performance shop known for building stupid things like rwd 4ag 20v powered moke. they run alstonville wreckers. total dickheads to deal with, but they have a dyno and a flowbench

i have a visa so i can buy things i can't afford and go "swipe" and worry about it later :)

i'll get a proper fire extinguisher from somewhere good, everything from supercheap breaks

Ah, one of THOSE sorts of Visa's... Everytime I think of Visa's I think of passports...

I have a supercheap fire extinguisher and an autobarn one. Strangely the autobarn one is bigger (by 100cc), has a metal bracket, looks better made, and was cheaper.