April 22, 201511 yr comment_696416 I have a 5k rebuilt with 20 over piston and cam grind of 262 in my kp36 pick up daily driver. Those are the only modifications to the engine. the exhaust is two inches from manifold back. Thinking of getting a 32/36 Weber, the question; with this set up is it necessary to put on extractors? I currently have stock intake and exhaust manifold and carby off a 3k. I know that generally cam, carby and extractors go together. I live in Central America and getting extractors is not very easy. Any input.... Thanks Report
April 22, 201511 yr comment_696423 Extractors are often fairly fragile also. You may wish to consider finding a spare standard exhaust manifold and getting that cleaned up internally (as well as your inlet manifold). Also match port both the inlet and exhaust manifold to your head. Report
April 23, 201511 yr comment_696433 Theres two types of standard exhaust manifolds, 4 - 1 and 4 - 2. Recomend 4-2 style, Matching exhaustports may not be a good idea. Having larger ports in manifold than head apperantly helps avoiding exhaust gas revertion Report
April 23, 201511 yr Author comment_696453 Thanks for your input, it´s appreciated... Edited April 23, 201511 yr by Kflett Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now