May 13, 201511 yr comment_697061 here is my AE71 that I bought running with a blacktop 20v running standard ecu, and running like shit with vacuum leaks and wiring issues, used it as a daily until I lost my license, (p plate fell down on good behaviour 😔 so I decided i would turn it into a drift car because I'll have a lot more fun on the track with it! Specs on how I got it, Weldy Chopped springs front and rear with kyb AGX shocks in the front with xt130 struts brakes and lcas And using dodgy coolant hoses going to the back of the engine with fwd cooling system Has a dizzy relocation to the front That's about all it had from the start! Report
May 13, 201511 yr Author comment_697064 And how it is today! This is from mallala matsuri on the weekend blew a rear wheel cylinder on my second lap using the hydro handbrake, went and bought a diff from a mate and replaced the cylinder with another old one and didn't use the handbrake at all, did okay this was the first time ever drifting on the track Report
May 13, 201511 yr Author comment_697066 Few things I've changed since I've got it getting it ready to drift HSD 8kg weld on sleeve kit with helper spring, stick welded it onto the strut myself no worries at all, (I am a boilermaker so it's my bread and butter haha) Keto Steering systems ae86 knuckles Cut and extended some ke70 lcas between the balljoint and castor rod for castor rod clearance when on full lock, tig welded and braced Ra60 rack ends AJPS Motorsport tie rods AJPS 50mm RCAs AJPS shifter rebuild kit new rack boots ball joints etc Got the engine running good still on standard ecu, still has dodgy coolant setup but that will be rectified before the next day out on track Has a hydraulic handbrake GkTech deep dish steering wheel Falcon choppies in the rear, will be replaced with something decent when I can afford too That's all I can think of, but the car drove awesome even with no wheel alignment, checked it yesterday and it was toe in 13mm so definitely not ideal! Haha Report
May 13, 201511 yr Author comment_697067 engine bay and ugly interior, suits the ugly colour but I definitely need a decent seat because it was damn hard to hang on while drifting! Haha Report
May 13, 201511 yr comment_697075 Dat cooling system haha! This looks like it would be heaps of fun though. How do you find the 8kg springs up front? Report
May 14, 201511 yr Author comment_697081 Dat cooling system haha! This looks like it would be heaps of fun though. How do you find the 8kg springs up front? It's not as stiff as people make it out to be I don't think, it all depends on your dampers, with it set to soft it's still firm but not harsh, but on the track it's pretty solid but gives the front end a good feel Report
May 14, 201511 yr Author comment_697103 And here's a photo from when it was the traveling rig! Had the camper (the tardis) decked out, bbq for breakfast and tea, sleeping wherever we parked up along the coast, was some good times! But never again! ???? Report
June 9, 201511 yr Author comment_697798 Haven't been doing much lately, just installed new rear brake shoes, drums and wheel cylinders so I shouldn't have to worry about have the wheel cylinder blow out from the pressure of the hydraulic handbrake, probably get rid of the air box set up and put some trumpets with filter socks on to tidy the engine bay a bit Report
June 10, 201511 yr comment_697810 Without the weldy it would make a lovely daily..... That body looks very smart. Any idea on the paint code for the engine bay/boot etc?? I've got the same colour and I can only find the metallic gold code, not the sort of khaki the rest of the car is. Is yours an '83, the last of the flatties? Report
June 11, 201511 yr Author comment_697848 Body is pretty rough, it was an awesome daily but the weldy was annoying, it's an ae71 1984 it's the original colour, I can check the paint code for you Report
June 11, 201511 yr Author comment_697850 Paint/ trim codes KD UD HC obviously been converted to flat front :) Report
June 22, 201511 yr Author comment_698131 No idea how this video will turn out, probably bad quality, but here's a small video of me doing the S's at mallala matsuri, doing the wide line! Report
June 22, 201511 yr Author comment_698133 Here's the YouTube link, it is absolutely terrible quality so will need to work something out, but you get the idea :P haha its way too loud with 2.5inch straight pipe with one hotdog, so I bought a muffler to weld in today! Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now