Needing Help To Choose An Engine To Put In Ke35

35RLA

My KE35 has already had an engine transplant to a 2T motor and now its finally dying but I don't want to really get it rebuilt as it just isnt worth it to me and as it isnt original. I'm wanting to put something in it that is powerful yet reliable reliable. Suggestions?? I'm over everyone trying to make me put a rotary in it!!

Members dont see this ad

P.s. I'm not at all car savvy (obviously) I actually had 0 interest in 4 wheel vehicles til a few months ago, and under heavy influence from my dad i got my first car a KE35. Which thankfully taught me to appreciate cars very fast. So I'm still learning and would very much appreciate any informatio. Cheers

Well it really depends on how much you plan to do yourself, or how much money you can throw at it. 2T's did come in this body (TE37) from the factory in some markets and it's a good upgrade already.

Unless you have lots of cash or can do things yourself, I would be rebuilding it which wouldn't cost a whole lot. Can easily increase the capacity of the engine if you want more grunt. Any sort of engine transplant is going to cost surprising amounts of money and require lots of assorted other parts etc

In the USA they go crazy with 2T's and 3T's http://www.3tcgarage.com/