Little Help

Oke011

Hello fellow Rolla heads. I just been many years since have toyed with an n/a motor. I have to plumb the heater core in my 11 with a 4k. As u can see the hoses run but I need some help where and how to connect them I do have a feeling I'm missing a vital piece maybe ? Any help would be appreciated even better if hands on help ????????

Cheers guys

Grant

post-23036-0-80627400-1435133015_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

That hose that hoops around from one side of the engine to the other needs to be removed. Thats where your heater hoses need to connect.

From the firewall the lower hose connects to the water pump on the carny side of the engine.

The upper hose connects to the lower thermostat housing on the distributor side.

Edited by GJM85

That hose that hoops around from one side of the engine to the other needs to be removed. Thats where your heater hoses need to connect.

From the firewall the lower hose connects to the water pump on the carny side of the engine.

The upper hose connects to the lower thermostat housing on the distributor side.

Thank u very much sir !!! And if can u tell me where the cables for the controls mount in the engine bay

In a KE1x, the heater tap is situated at the front of the motor sort of where the green vacuum take of thingy is on yours.

Presumably yours has been adapted to use a tap elsewhere?

You can see how a K motor is plumbed in this shot. If you click on the photo it will enlarge

post-4909-0-35074300-1435209156_thumb.jpg

Edited by parrot