Ae71 Trouble Starting

MONSTA4

hey my ae71 is having trouble starting and when it does it dies pretty much right away only time it starts is when i put fuel down the carby i have tryed blowing throw lines to make sure there not blocked but still nothing even pulled out the spark plugs and cleaned them and threw some wd40 into the head still nothing i no it has a blown headgasket but don't think thats the main issue I'm having can any one shine some light on this subject at all please and thanks

Members dont see this ad

Fix the headgasket.

Then while you are at it put a carby kit through the carby, make sure the accelerator pump is working as it should and the float level in the carby is set right.

And make sure the fuel pump is working, and not leaking out the weep hole indicating a blown diaphram.

Pop the carb fuel line off and put it in a jar then crank it. That will show if the fuel pump is getting fuel there, so if fuel fills the jar then the problem is probably inside the carb.

However, you're trying to run a two cylinder motor if the head gasket is blown. Water getting sucked back in will sit on the plugs and stop them firing.

Do a compression test before you take the head off, it will give you an idea of how good the rings and valves are, and how much money you should put into it...

so i have looked into it a bit more i took off the head there was water in the oil and i noticed the night i was trying to start it that no fuel was coming out of the fuel line so going back to the drawing board i think i may have to change the fuel pump or is there some thing else i should consider first?

When you're ready to start it, put the suction-side line of the fuel pump into a jar of petrol. That eliminates a blocked filter and dirty lines.

If the pump won't suck that up then take the top off it and check the valves carefully for dirt under them. If it is clear there then the problem is in the diaphram or the cam arm. You should be able to take the pump off the car and pump fuel out of a jar by working the lever with your hands.

This is more-or-less what its like-.

http://www.autorepairnewark.info/how-can-mechanical-and-electric-fuel-pumps-work.html