Iginition Barrel/cylinder Change, What Cables

Hellkeepa

Hello all.

I have this problem with my key to my KE70, and when i turn it over to ignition position then it wont turn over, but when i take the key up/down inside the cylinder while i have it turned to iginition then it will fire.

So basicly what I'm saying is that I'm going to change it out. If its not fixable(?) i don't know.

I bought an aftermarket cylinder with just 3 cables to it, like this:

ignition_barrel_new.jpg

And from my ke70 there comes 5 cables

ignition_barrel_old.jpg

So my question is this, what cables do i need to put on the new one, and what are the other 2 calbes to.

And yes i have checked the wiring diagram, but I'm asking just to be sure.

Best regards,

Hellkeepa

Edited by Hellkeepa

Members dont see this ad

If it were me i would use a multi meter to check what cables you need to hook up.

How are you going to switch "accessories"? unless you piggy back it off ignition, but then you can't have your radio on without ignition being on.

Hm. Probobly rather better just to buy a new one from Ebay.. meh :bash:

But, is it fixable or?

Edited by Hellkeepa

So you are sure that the issue is in the ignition barrel itself? and not the switch where all the wires connect?

I had the switch go bad on a car once, and just changed the switch. in your photo you can just see the screw you undo to separate the switch from the barrel. if you undo this screw and remove the switch you can operate the switch with (i think) a flat head screwdriver.

If it is the ignition barrel a locksmith might be able to fix what you have. Then at least you will keep the same key. id be asking a locksmith what he reckons about it. I don't particularly like the idea of an aftermarket ignition barrel that needs modification to the wiring to make it work.

So you are sure that the issue is in the ignition barrel itself? and not the switch where all the wires connect?

I had the switch go bad on a car once, and just changed the switch. in your photo you can just see the screw you undo to separate the switch from the barrel. if you undo this screw and remove the switch you can operate the switch with (i think) a flat head screwdriver.

If it is the ignition barrel a locksmith might be able to fix what you have. Then at least you will keep the same key. id be asking a locksmith what he reckons about it. I don't particularly like the idea of an aftermarket ignition barrel that needs modification to the wiring to make it work.

Hm. Well its not the wires, that I'm sure off. And the position/switch itself is not bad here.

Just seems like the key don't get in contact with the barrel inside, if you know what i mean. Hard to explain :bash:

Maybe i can film it? :hmm: