4K Tune Up Help Needed

sidewz

Thanks Banjo

Cool looking ride, love the KE. I had a ke70 wagon as my first car, loved it! God we went some places in that car!

So i've ripped the head off, fixed the snapped head bolt, stuck a few helicoils in the head for the manifold bolts.

I've got the cam out, sending that in for a grind tomorrow. I'll get a fast road cam, A2 cosworth I think he suggested. It turns out the cam guy is also a suzuki 4wd nut. what are the odds?

I'm ordering a set of headers for it too, to make it go better and also get away from the silly factory exhaust manifold.

I found the source of the intake leak, the intake and exhaust manifold ports are no longer on the same plane.

#1&2 intake were about 0.5-1mm off the head when the exhaust ports were mated up to the head.

This happened even though I reset them only a few months ago. Snapped all the bolts in the hot box doing so, and had to file the old gasket off that was charred on there.

The whole hotbox design seems silly and prone to issues.....

Anyway. Onwards and upwards.

New cam

20thou off the head

headers

New exhaust.

Std single carb for now.

I had a look at the carb, and closed up the secondary a bit. I had played with the settings when I did the rebuild, because the secondary was hanging open all the time. I reset the tags then to keep it closed till the primary was open enough.

Now I have closed up how much it kicks the secondaries open by, in the hope it will reduce the vacuum seen at the actuator and delay it from working.

I'm also keeping an eye out for a weber 28/32

And i need to find a new driveshaft.......

• 3 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • 2 months later...

I took my Zuk out to a farm for the weekend, mucking around with a few mates.

This is what it sounds like since the headers and exhaust have gone into it.

You can hear it struggling to rev in second in this vid.

Ran well for the weekend, but has a flat spot on the primary jet. If I held it enough, the secondries would open ad it would start to really scream just as it ran out of revs.

So I pulled the carb down, and managed to get the jets out this time. They were a bit chewed out from mine and others attempts in the past.

Primary is a 92, secondary is a 147.

So thats the big problem right there, should be a 105 or a 110 as std on the primary from what I read.

I'm going to order a bunch of jets to try, maybe start with a 110, and see where I end up.

Question: Where can I get new "slow jets" or pilot jets for the stock carb? Its currently got a 45 in there, and I've read people saying its too small for a cam, and to drill it out. Anyone know what size to drill it out to, or if they can be bought? I looked all over the net and can't see any that are quite the same.

Cheers

Dave