Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Suspension

Featured Replies

:D

I have the chance to buy some 2nd hand coil over suspension:

EP71 coilovers (unknown brand)

Height adjustable

Damper adjust on rear

Spare springs

$750.00 neg.

 

Now... I also have the chance to buy brand new shocks and springs for the same price. what should I do?

 

The type of driving I love to do is in the mountains at speeds in excess of 100km/h so cornering means a lot to me... drag racing means nothing to me..

 

Please help.

Tommi

 

:)

Yeah, I'd say new shocks and springs would go better than coilovers with flogged shocks. It depends if you're going to be playing with different spring rates or whether you need the height adjusment.

  • Author

Your confusing me !!!

 

I sent the QLD distrubutors of KYB an email about coil overs cause I thought you said that's what I should look for... hmmm ok.. so looking for non coil over's.. so just shockies.. (I can use king springs lows off the shelf)

i rate kyb

 

i had kyb shocks & king springs on my old sprinter...awesome handling. A few people that had driven the car also commented on how well setup it was

 

a good set of shocks & springs will suffice for most driving conditions...imo coilovers are only necessary if you want to take the car on the track and seriously push limits

 

Its a little difficult not knowing the brand & condition of the coilovers. Basically you're either taking a chance and hopefully getting something real schmick or you pay the same amount for new gear that you know will perform up to your standards.

  • Author

hahaha .... Nick remember i'm budgeting for all 4! wheels :) heh

Can you imagine me pulling up at the next rolla club meet and going : "check out my fully sick suspension set up... the front right has KYB shockies, custom springs...and the rest is stock aye bro"

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.