Clutch Change For A Ke70.

Ahoy all, my clutch is pretty much dead in my brick. I've sourced another and should be here in 10 days or something. I was planning on doing the work myself, I've got some Automotive experience (cert 1 vet course etc) and no doubt I could do it on a hoist and with the tools we had, but all I have is a few things around home ramps/axle stands. Can probably borrow/rent a torque wrench.

Say I bribed some people to give me a hand, how long would it take? Any tricks? Box drops straight out with no farken around with engine mounts?

Cheers lads! :lmao:

Danno

Members dont see this ad

Full clutch swap and gearbox swap can be done in 15 minutes if you are in a hurry and have a few people to help out. (Provided you know what you are doing).

I'd give yourself a few hours and just take your time :lmao:

* Disconnect the battery.

* Rip the shifter out

* Put the car on stands

* Disconnect the speedo cable from the gearbox

* Undo tailshaft bolts

* Disconnect the clutch cable (remove circlip from firewall adjustment point and then disconnect it from under the dash, feed it back through the firewall into the engine bay then disconnect it from the clutch fork)

* Disconnect the starter motor and push it foward, Don't worry about disconnecting the wires.

* Undo the bolts around the gearbox bellhousing

* Remove any earth cables and double check you haven't missed anything

* Undo the gearbox crossmember bolts and slide the box back and it should come out rather easy.

:)

Full clutch swap and gearbox swap can be done in 15 minutes if you are in a hurry and have a few people to help out. (Provided you know what you are doing).

I'd give yourself a few hours and just take your time :hmm:

* Disconnect the battery.

* Rip the shifter out

* Put the car on stands

* Disconnect the speedo cable from the gearbox

* Undo tailshaft bolts

* Disconnect the clutch cable (remove circlip from firewall adjustment point and then disconnect it from under the dash, feed it back through the firewall into the engine bay then disconnect it from the clutch fork)

* Disconnect the starter motor and push it foward, Don't worry about disconnecting the wires.

* Undo the bolts around the gearbox bellhousing

* Remove any earth cables and double check you haven't missed anything

* Undo the gearbox crossmember bolts and slide the box back and it should come out rather easy.

:paw:

:lmao:

Cheers man! That was more than I was after. Somehow I don't' think it'll be done in 15 minutes though :) .

Will let yas know how it goes, any other 'time savers' or tricks muchly appreciated. Thanks!

What justin means is

"If you have 12 minutes till the next rally stadge time is due in, and your gearbox is fookered, get the entire rally crue working like mad max's to swap box, & clutch kit over in just over 12 minutes"

:lmao: