Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dizzy conection

Featured Replies

Hi new user as I seem to have lost the account I started last year.

Quick question to the Guru's in the club. I'm putting an old led Tacho \ clock unit in a 1995 Corolla AE102R with the 4AFE 1.6 motor where can I connect the [green] signal feed wire to on this car please? The unit is compatible with electronic breakerless and transistor systems eg GM Electronic \ HEI or Bosch CDI.

1) If you've got a 4AFE it's an AE101, not an AE102.

2) If the original cluster didn't have a tach (being an AE101 it probably wouldn't as only the 1.8 AE102s got the tacho) then you'll need to tap in to the IG- signal wire either on the diagnostics connector or the distributor itself. 

  • Author

Hi Ian, Thanks, I'm still learning about them and it's definately a 4afe. I'll update when done.

  • Author

Hi all, success first go I found it easier to simply put a spade connector on the wire and run it from the terminal in the diagnostic plug. Just have to remember to disconnect if I ever get someone to check diagnostics. Even better the old Micronta Tacho cleaned up nice and looks and works like a new one. Now just have to look into the high idle issue [ I thought it was] the tacho shows it's running at 1400 rpm at idle. Could be related to the cold running as I think someone may have removed the thermostat or its stuck open.

Thanks again Ian.

Edited by 1995Craig

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.