Spares For Ke30/35/55/70

ancullen

I will shortly be coming into possession of two spare KE55 Corollas which I will be stripping for parts. One is an auto and one is a manual (not sure if 4 or 5 speed). I will be keeping the parts as spares for my race car, but anything that is unsuitable for my car (eg. transmissions, tailshafts, engines, etc) will be up for sale. I'm not sure of the condition of any of the parts, as I only received a phone call to say that the cars were available at the right price, so I'll let you all know when I know myself.

Of course, I realise that most NT members have FWD Corollas, so this information and these parts will be pretty useless, but I thought that persons such as Killswitch, rolla70, and ake10 might be interested as I won't want very much for any parts I sell as my only concern will be a bit of cash to cover my time for removing the parts.

And to any non-NT members who might be reading this, you are welcome to buy parts as well (if they're available) but you'll have to pay for freight.

Edited by ancullen

Members dont see this ad

Ah, so there is a thread there too... I posted pretty much the same thing as johnny t but in the f/s section :P

Not sure whats required to make the ke55 box fit a ke70 but if it can be done and its a 5 spd I'm interested too.

Also if they come with any boltons as such for a nugget 4k would be nice, extractors/carb/cam etc. I'd be interested.

Cheers Adam

Danno

As far as I know the gearboxes are exactly the same in KE55 & KE70. Obviously a four speed is going to differ slightly to a five speed, but as both four speeds and five speeds were available in both the KE55 and the KE70, you shouldn't have any problems doing the swap.

johnny t has got first rights to the five speed as he put his name in first, but I think that postage will kill that idea. I haven't got a quote yet (it was too late in the day when I got the message, but since postage for about 5kg of swaybars & a set of bushes from Melbourne to Darwin costs $75, I think that a 15-20kg transmission is going to be quite expensive. and definitely not worthwhile. Johnny, you're still welcome to buy the box, but I'd get a quote from a wreckers or someone nearby first.

Thanks for the info thomo.

As for an ETA, I'm still waiting on a guy to get back in touch with me. I've got a few people after some parts (eg. Brenton Taylor to fix his race car). The problem is that there is a middle man, so I'm on his back, and I'm hoping he's on the back of the current owner to let me know when I can come pick them up.

shifter mounts further back on the 70 to the 55, the box fits but you need to cut in a new shifter hole, just like the 20 to 30 gear box shifters

How different is it? bit of a stretch to change gears? Or is it in the faq and I should just look... :)

As for an ETA, I'm still waiting on a guy to get back in touch with me. I've got a few people after some parts (eg. Brenton Taylor to fix his race car). The problem is that there is a middle man, so I'm on his back, and I'm hoping he's on the back of the current owner to let me know when I can come pick them up.

That's cool, just was wondering. Also, might put in a bid for an alternator, think mines on the way out...! :)

Edited by Killswitch

Just got an update about the cars a bit earlier in the day. I won't be able to pick them up till next weekend due to the current owner being pretty busy this week and me working funny hours. As soon as I get them I'll let you know though.

And I'll try and find out about that clutch for you too.

I have finally picked up the Corollas!!! Parts are now available!!! Here are some pictures of the vehicles:

post-397-1147652685_thumb.jpg

This one has an auto transmission. The front end was fine until while we were picking it up it got pulled into a mango tree. The front bumper is now useless, as is the front skirt, but the grille is okay, just a bit of a crack but not all the way through.

post-397-1147652825_thumb.jpg

This red one has a K50 (5-speed) transmission. The engine is meant to run, but wouldn't due to the starter motor not working. The grille seems fine, but I haven't looked behind the black plastic thing on the front yet. The steering on this Corolla is f**ked as it was driven into a rather large coffee rock. There may be some salvageable bits, but I didn't have time to look when I picked them up yesterday.

post-397-1147652998_thumb.jpg

This is a spare engine & gearbox I got with the cars. The gearbox is only a 4-speed, and while I do have a head for the engine, it is warped. I will most likely remove the gearbox from the engine and take the engine to the tip.

From these cars, the only bits not for sale are the diffs, including housings, centres, and axles. If there is something you'd like off either of these cars, PM me and ask or make an offer. I can also get more original wheels like the passenger side rear one on the blue car - some even have the centre caps!

The only thing is, I will not be holding onto these cars for long, as they are not being stored at my home, so I don't want to keep them at someone else's house forever. If you want something, get in quick.

• 3 months later...

This offer is aimed more at imnost and Killswitch, but is open to anyone:

I want these two Corollas GONE!!! I'm going to take the rear axle assemblies, an indicator stalk, some front grille & light bits, and possibly some wheels, then these things are going to the tip. If you want a motor or two, please PM me or respond to this thread ASAP!!!

I'm going to take these parts out this weekend, then whatever's left is going to the tip. If you want a motor (4K-C) I can remove it and you can have it for a small cost, or if you take the cars away you can have it for nothing!!! Absolutely free!!! I repeat, if you want anything, or are even considering wanting something, contact me ASAP or it's gone forever.