Ke55 Coupe 5k Exhaust

Hi

I'm all in confusion :)

I have a red ke55 1980 model coupe.(try and post pics tomorrow).

I was wondering what would be better for the little rola.

I want to get extractors no doubt about that.

But this is where it gets interesting:hmm:

Should I do a 2" exhaust all the way with only the reaar muffler and a huge droopy tip?

or

Should I go 2.5" from extractors then to twin 2" with two resonators and get them to put a muffler on each side of the car with two huge droopy tips? :P

Plus what ya's think's of stainless steel exhausts?

please reply

Members dont see this ad

About the only thing a twin 2in system will do is lose torque.

Maybe a twin 1in system, but the only thing that would do is make the motor sound more like V4. You might gain something, but what you pick-up (if you get anything) is lost in the extra weight of the dual system and the extra cost. Its a waste of time on a inline 4 banger.

Extractors :P i was under the impression that the fctory exhaust manifold was as good as aftermarket extractors.

Should I do a 2" exhaust all the way with only the reaar muffler and a huge droopy tip?

You said the ideal exhaust here. I had the same on my 3K and it was a little beneficial (I won't say it was a HUGE difference... it is a K series motor we are talking here :P ) but it also made a nice little grumble about it.

Plus what ya's think's of stainless steel exhausts?

Go for it if you have the dollars for it ;)

Go custom... Mandrel Bent :D That's if you wanna see some serious power out of that motor, of course! But to me, mandrel bent exhausts are only worth it for a turbo or an 8... or a blown 5K :D

Was thinking about putting a SC12 on me motor

Plus with the exhaust with only the rear muffler how loud would it be, already been told off once by police for having only half the exhaust with only another resonator bolted on.

Will a ke10 exhaust fit into a ke55?

I had a exhaust a month back that I welded a fergy exhaust on to the end because my rear muffler fell off and welded a pipe where the resonator went. Sound like a very loud fergy and blow 4 foot flames when I dropped it from 4th to 2nd. :P

the factory twin dump manifold isn't that bad. really it could do with some porting, and larger secondary pipes made up. stopping the gaskets blowing out where the secondary pipes join is the biggest hassle with them.

a single muffer works fine so long as it is a reverse flow type.

a ke10 exhaust is not interchangeable, different floorpan.

as has been said, 2" max for an NA engine. don't waste your money on a stainless system (probably cost more than the car did). nothing wrong with a mild steel system, so long as it is thickwall tubing.

Is there any chance that the extractors will be able to fit in the ke55 or ke25.

I have several corollas, started to that some to scrap metal. Take all the good bits off first though.

Had 8 now down to 5 and might be buying another this weekend. :P

look mate, ill tell it to ya straight..

my father owns his own exhaust shop, Beaudesert Exhausts..

now not 1 exhaust that has ever came outta that shop has been of poor quality.. i should know, he built a full custom set up for my ke35 heavly worked 4k. It has 2" pipe, tuned length extractors 4-2-1, which mergers into a 2.5" system, 1 hotdog muffler halfway down, then a ricer cannon (which i would now not recomomend - purely because it is rice lol) with a 4" tip. Sounds Great, Performs Great. All done in Stainless Steel with mandrel bends... this is the way to go. any questions feel free to pm me

Cheers Miller

Got

the tuned extractors and mufflers and resisnator. just need pipe and it to be welded together.

I want it to crackle when I use the gears to slow down.

(what a brake pedal)

I got a little yellow birdy off the police last year for having no brakes.

All I had to stop was the hand brake and the gears, mostly always used the gear to slow me down. went a week with no brakes till they got me. :P