Ke20 Brake Upgrade

i have spent a couple of hours serching maby i am not putting in the right keyworks

i am aiming to put a 20v in my ke20 for my girlfriend and i want better brakes changing the struts is an option but i would rather not i have access to a lath and mill and welder some one had pugeot disks and mr2 calipers. more info would be awsome

Members dont see this ad

I have a couple of sets of rx4 calipers if you're interested.

would probably be quite easy to make up an adapter plate to mount them on the standard discs, or maybe on a slotted RDA etc, this way you could also retain your standard stud pattern and not have to get new wheels. fit easily under 13" too.

would only be looking at about $150 for both, located in Launy. let me know if you're interested.

For what its worth I put KE70 discs on KE30 hubs with KE20 bearings and used KE70 calipers with KE30 backing plates using the original KE20 struts. The bolt holes on the strut for the backing plate really should be retapped in a larger size though I got away without doing it (I would highly recommend it however).

The braking power gain wasnt huge but it was something. It also opened up a wider selection of brake pads as the girlock KE70 calipers will take Commodore VN-VR rear brake pads so you can pick up a bit more braking power there.

With the conversion of Ke30 Discs will the stock 12" wheels fit over the discs as I'm thinking of keeping it lookin stock :) :) :)

I don't think so... Its all pretty much the same stuff anyway just substitute KE20 calipers, rotors and backing plates.