7a head on 4age block?

zwenham

Members dont see this ad

I can't imagine why you would want to do that?  Is it because you are looking for a cheap way to get the car going after cracking a twin cam head?

if so,  depending on what car you are putting it in, you will need to work around different sensors, engine computers, fuelling etc

I think you need to give a bit more info

1 minute ago, parrot said:

I can't imagine why you would want to do that?  Is it because you are looking for a cheap way to get the car going after cracking a twin cam head?

if so,  depending on what car you are putting it in, you will need to work around different sensors, engine computers, fuelling etc

I think you need to give a bit more info

I'm not too sure why, I just bought the parts because they were cheap. Supposedly the guy acquired all these parts to go together, but sold his car before he finished putting the engine together.

The block seems to be standard with high comp smallport pistons.

The head is a 8 port non-distributor 7a head. He told me that this provided good air flow as opposed to the standard head. 

I also got coil packs to run it and a motorbike throttle body setup with fuel rail.

He claims it was supposed to be a high revving NA engine setup with around 12.5:1 compression. 

If you read the same topic I did, the 7A head has a smaller combustion chamber because the pistons are bowls, so yep, you will get higher compression on the 4AGE block. However the ECU work will likely be a nightmare, and make sure you have a good knock sensor!

..and probably the later posts were correct,   "you will spend  lot of money to get a moderate gain",  and there are better ways to utilise that cash..