Carby Issue

Jstoly

Hey guys, I current have an 1975 automatic 4 door Ke30. However, the carby that's on there has a hairline passage which seems to be blocked causing the car to stall at low RPMs. I have raised the revs and still seems to be stalling. Does anyone have any idea's on how to solve my issue without changing carbs!? if not, I'm thinking of potentially switching to a weber. However since the car is auto, I feel as if it will be unnecessary and a waste of money! What are your thoughts on running webers on auto cars? Will it make a difference? or not? If it does make an improvement which webers do you suggest? 

Thanks heaps!!!!!

Members dont see this ad

I had the same issue with my daughters KE55 auto. It was a blocked idle jet. Best thing to do is rebuild the carby. I think I paid $45 for the gasket kit. It took me about 2 hours to remove strip clean and rebuild it. Heaps cheaper than a Weber and a whole lot less hassle.

• Upvote 2

First try having some one run the throttle at high RPM, without the air cleaner. Then completely remove the idle adjust needle from the carb, while the engine is running. Then put a rag over the carb inlet several times, just long enough to prevent a stall. The high vacuum may actually clear out the idle port in the carb. If you have an air compressor you can also try blow air through the idle port.  Last, you can try sticking a small wire through the idle port, you have nothing to lose if the only option is a new carb. Davew7

When i rebuit my daughter's carby i soaked all the parts in carby cleaner then on the idle jet i used a small syringe and forced caby cleaner into the jet and at the same time used a single stiff nylon bristle from a broom and worked the build up lose. It worked a treat. That was 3 years ago and i haven't touched it since.

Edited by Big G
Bad grammer