Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

5k Electronic Dizzy

Featured Replies

The distributor I bought for my 4K from

the salvage yard here was also marked "5K".

 

The connector was identical. It also had

a two-stage vacuum advance pump.

I think it was mentioned in the other thread, but how much are these worth? $120 odd? or was that new? :lmao:

  • 2 weeks later...
The distributor I bought for my 4K from

the salvage yard here was also marked "5K".

 

The connector was identical. It also had

a two-stage vacuum advance pump.

hi!!

i have the same distributor with the two-stage vacuum advance pump and i don't know how i connect it???(the two-stage vacuum advance pump)???? :monkey:

You can use a plastic T-connector, which

the salvage yard owner can probably give

you, and connect the single hose from your

carburetor's vacuum inlet to both outlets

on the vacuum diaphragms.

 

Some say that the outer one is for advance,

while the inner one to supposed to go to the

manifold for retard, while others say both ports

are for advance - one giving advance at low to

moderate engine speeds, while the other gives

a bit more advance at very high RPMs. I guess this

depends on the diaphragm's design and engine

application.

 

In my case, both appeared to be for advance, with

the outer one giving more advance than the inner.

I used one of those metal splitters found in aquarium

pumps, which had shutoff taps, as I wanted to

experiment shutting off each hose in turn to see

what difference it made. If you do not have the T-connector,

you can of course use these splitters and open up both

outlets permanently. The vacuum hoses fit them exactly.

If you cannot get metal ones, normal plastic ones can be

used, which was what I used at first, and appear to be

able to withstand the engine heat.

 

You can read my other thread "Electronic Distributor

for 4K Engine" .

Edited by Tham

I read your article!!!thanks

....Now i find one carb with 2 valves!can u help me if this is right to put it between distributor and my carb?

 

or

I read your article!!!thanks

....Now i find one carb with 2 valves!can u help me if this is right to put it between distributor and my carb?

 

 

Seems there are some script errors with the

pics you posted, can't see them.

 

I'm not familar with the extra vacuum inlets on

other carbs. Maybe the others here can help.

 

According to Mikey's Toy on the other post,

he mentioned that the outer diaphragm port

goes to the standard inlet just above the

carb's butterfly for advance, and the inner one

goes to the intake manifold port for retard.

Edited by Tham

i believe now its ok!!! :faq:

 

yeah Mikey's Toy I believe it has the better opinion!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.