3t-gte In Ke70/ae71

thedozzman

Since the 4A-GE fits so snugly in the engine bay of an AE71/KE70, I was wondering if the same crossmember could be used to fit in the Jap-spec Corona/Carina 3T-GTE Twin Cam Turbo engine... Just for something different, I have seen one in a bright green lt2000 Celica. Looked wicked and went like the clappers...

Any help is muchly appreciated...

Members dont see this ad

or just use the X member u have and weld the engine mounts in a different area to suit, my mate did that with his 3SGTE AE86 sprinter should be a similar approach and less headache with worrying about the rack and peanut location. but I'm sure a TE72 X member will go fine the front ends are pretty much identical. 3TGTE parts are rare but i have some for sale I'm in hobart, i also know where there is a 3TGTE for sale about 2 streets away i have all the things u need computers inc knock, igniters, wiring harness, coils, also a CT20 turbo which looks like it might get snapped up soon and heaps more. as for rebuild parts u can still buy pistons, rings, gasket kits, use water pumps of 3TC's, bearings. the only things that is a bit exy is the timing chains and runners which are about 100bucks to get redone if they are worn.

anyway if anyone needs 3TGTE parts ive got em.