1978 Toyota Corolla 5e30 5 Speed

vega

Members dont see this ad

1ggze is a 2.0 litre 6 cyl supercharged engine, good and strong but heavy.

personally a SR20 DET would be the go, with the right mod's it'd get close to what you want with out having to cut too much of the car up. all alloy engine as well,less weight=more speed.

could try a soarer(lexus) engine,quad cam 4.3 litre,alloy V8.

anyhow good luck with it,and if u need any info on the car this is the place you'll find it.

welcome aboard

hey rob; it's probably gonna be about 200lbs heavier over here due to the side intrusion bars and bumpers.

a guy came into work today with a super clean '76 te37. i'll post pics soon as i get 'em

Edited by mikeys toy

i know, i read your first post before you edited it. use it then.

so these weigh in at about 2000 pounds then?

so about 300 hp then to pull a flat 12....... hmmm. maybe instead of the 327-(which could end up int he fiero instead) i could do a 4g63t motor with a starion drivetrain.

Edited by vega

GUYS CHECK THIS OUT! this looks like the 4g63t would hook to a w58 trans that is a yota trans from the 80's supra is it not!?

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=136380

I am "blight" on that website for future ref.

from what htey say it will hold to 350hp- MORE then enough to run a flat 12. that would be scary shat as it is in this little car.

it looks like there is a kit to mate it to a w58 - but then he talks about a r154 turbo trans that has removable bellhousing- have you guys ever heard fo a w58 bellousing swaped over to a r154?

Edited by vega

it also looks like it hooks to a th350 with a 350 adapter plate and a flexplate for 275

so thats only 625 so far. not too bad really- then 300 for a trans- and say 600 for the motor and the whatnot - so thats

1525 for the whole setup

say 600 for the car

then add 500 for extra crap that i will need

2625 total cost just for swap and car

300 bucks for brakes

say abotu 1100 in mods to motor

4025 for the whole project

how does that sound?

or am i missing somthing?

Sorry mate, wasn't having a 'crack' at ya (ha ha, pun, real funny aren't i), just couldnt make out what you were trying to say...

All I can really contribute to this is;

- 4k's will spin singo, real hard. They've got a fair amount of power when they get up and going (standard engine, btw)

- I'm not sure on whether a cig-locker diff would be appropriate strengthwise, though it could be a cheap and easy alternative

engine[b/]

- 327: not familiar with it, though here in Oz corollas have been popping up with 350 chevs and 308's. I'd imagine these would go quite hard, a v8 corolla would be nuts on the drag strip

- 4agze or SR20DET? Perhaps 13BT? Could be a 'jap' alternative

A KE30, from my understanding, is between 700kg and 800kg depending on what options were selected on it from the factory. Can't say how much the car is worth, though - i'm stuck with relatively high prices here in perth that are different to ANYWHERE else in the world :thumbsup:.

Besides all that; sorry for sounding like a prick. I'm quite interested in this potential project, seems f@$kING AWESOME!

Dan.

Sorry mate, wasn't having a 'crack' at ya (ha ha, pun, real funny aren't i), just couldnt make out what you were trying to say...

All I can really contribute to this is;

- 4k's will spin singo, real hard. They've got a fair amount of power when they get up and going (standard engine, btw)

- I'm not sure on whether a cig-locker diff would be appropriate strengthwise, though it could be a cheap and easy alternative

engine[b/]

- 327: not familiar with it, though here in Oz corollas have been popping up with 350 chevs and 308's. I'd imagine these would go quite hard, a v8 corolla would be nuts on the drag strip

- 4agze or SR20DET? Perhaps 13BT? Could be a 'jap' alternative

A KE30, from my understanding, is between 700kg and 800kg depending on what options were selected on it from the factory. Can't say how much the car is worth, though - i'm stuck with relatively high prices here in perth that are different to ANYWHERE else in the world :thumbsup:.

Besides all that; sorry for sounding like a prick. I'm quite interested in this potential project, seems f@$kING AWESOME!

Dan.

thanks- any thoughts on the 4g63 motor swap? (mitsu motor)

the 327 was put in chevells vettes camaros impallas and the like over here in the US just a sbc that wides up better and yet mine has the camle back heads so i got the best of it.