Little Drums?

demuire

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yo fook. ya diff is lookin pretty damn fine man. i degreased it and cleaned with diesel today and it came up pretty clean. my plan is to hit it with the wire wheel tuesday and maybe paint it black if i have some. then i'll fit up all the new brake gear an we will make the appropriate adjustments when in the car. i have two tailshafts to choose from. :P

Most excellent :P Have half cleaned up that bellhousing, looks a hell load better now. A couple of spots of "non-aluminium-silver-like-happiness" still but overall it's pretty clean. Will hit it with the scourer tonight and then maybe some metal polish to clean up the last few bits... Or maybe I'll just be happy with it as is :fuzz:

Am going to dummy fit it to the dead gearbox i have and see how far off from "bolt up" it is.

Re: diff am awaiting speaking to Mr Rob, will let you know...

Rear seal - can we just cut some gasket paper for it? Else I'll go to Supercheap or something and see if they have one. Not sure where we're swapping yet, haven't had a chance to speak to Rob. Am probably seeing him tonight though, picking up my gearbox :P :fuzz: :)

you can use just silicon, but it will eventually develop a slow leak, like maybe 2-3 drops a week, like mine is :P with borg warner diffs, its really easy to make a gasket because you can remove the backplate to trace around it, use thin thin gasket paper and permatex 3 to seal

when nikki crashed rollie, it was still running the cornflake packet gasket i made on my driveway the day after my last birthday party, and i didnt think that had leaked either. cornflake packet is glossy on one side, it would leak after time (2 years?). you'd probably have more luck with say manilla folder, thin card or just a couple of sheets of A4 paper

you can also get a new gasket from toyota, maybe even repco. it doesnt seem like something supercheap or autobarn would have on the shelf, but u never know :fuzz: