Helllllllp!!!!!!

RLABO1

hey guys i need a little help if any one out there knows any thing about RA40-60 celicas . i know this isnt about corollas but its my a-b car for the time being. i have an RA40 celica, with the original 18R-C engine. it s!$% itself the other night , I'm suspecting new engine. i can get the engine from a celica that is the next model up from it, which is a 2l carby, now ive been told two things: 1. the 18rc is a 2L anyway and the newer 2L will fit bolt/unbolt straight in no changing of nothing. 2. the 18RC is actually an 1800cc engine and i WILL have problems with fitting the newer 2L engine. i really don't have a clue either way, so i hope you guys could shed some light on this for me. any sort of help will be appreciated. thanks.

Members dont see this ad

18RC is 2lt, same as in my Old corona wagon (78model),

pretty sure the 21R fits straight in aswell, sorta like going from a 4 to 5k, the torque is heaps more..

then there is the 18RG, ohh god i wanted this for the rona!!, 2lt, twin cam goodness, fits straight in, just a little things to do,

18RC is 2lt, same as in my Old corona wagon (78model),

pretty sure the 21R fits straight in aswell, sorta like going from a 4 to 5k, the torque is heaps more..

then there is the 18RG, ohh god i wanted this for the rona!!, 2lt, twin cam goodness, fits straight in, just a little things to do,

thanks heaps for your help

the motor i can get turns out its a 21rc, but my dad went around to the guys house, cranked it over and its not as healthy as first thought. if anyone has a 21rc motor they want to part with please let me know. thanks again.

whats rong with the 21rc?

if its been sitting for a while its prob got stale fuel, f@$ked points (if these run points...) broken down leads, rooted plugs and the carby prob needs a tune..

but..what was rong with her?