Help!!! No Brake . . . Lights

JiP

Hi, as the title says, i have no brake lights. I've got indercaters, reverse lights and even tail lights. Its just the break lights that don't work.

I've tried:

I've changed the fuse.

I've changed the bulbs.

I've checked the wireing as much as i could without ripping anything appart.

I'm not sure what triggers the brake lights so i checked the wire coming from the brake booster.

Still, no lights. Please does anyone have any ideas??

I'd like to be able to fix it myself but if i can't, i'll have to take it to an Auto Electrition. If i do that i'd get them to look at the problem with my headlights but thats not urgent. It can wait.

Anyone got a clue??

Jon.

Members dont see this ad

God you guys are smart.

There is a blue loom that was unplugged under the dash. (The white neons under my dash come in handy)

So i plugged it in and it works. thanks.

Now, new problem. the lights stay on perminately when the wires are connected.

Any ideas??

God you guys are smart.

There is a blue loom that was unplugged under the dash. (The white neons under my dash come in handy)

So i plugged it in and it works. thanks.

Now, new problem. the lights stay on perminately when the wires are connected.

Any ideas??

you probably put the wires around the wrong way

:lolcry: -I HAVE BRAKE LIGHTS!!!!

Okay, so i went to AutObarn after work today to see if they can supply me with a new switch. They didn't have my model one so they gave me a generic one.

So i got home and wanted to fit it out right away. I took mine appart. I figured away to fit the new one since the connections were differant, and i attached it. ... No light, i tried switching the wires around. ... No light.

After all this i decided to see if i could see what was wrong with the old one. So i connected it and pressed the button. The button when all the way in and the light turned off. Problem being, the button got stuck inside the switch. Turned out it had some sticky gunk on it, I had to tap it against the ground to get it out. So i sprayed it with some lube, it still stayed in. I ended up open the f@$ker up and pulling the f@$ker apart (While losing the pieces in the process). When i wacked it back together it worked like new. :) So i went back to AutObarn and got my refund.

Moral of my story, i didn't have to spend any money on something i thought i needed a profesional for. ;)

Jon. (Happy little camper)

Now that i think about it, most things that go wrong with my car are lighting.

I just repaired the interior light cause of the door sensor switches.

I repaired my high beams by changing the indicator swich.

After my crash my passenger indicator light didn't work. (Now fixed)

Brake lights didn't work, now do. :D

One License Plate light isn't working ATM.

Lastly, my parkers stay on for a couple minutes after the lights are switched off.

Edited by JiP_01