My Ke20, Supercharged, Stroked, Roller Cam, Efi 5k(unfinished Project)

dyno355

Hi, I just joined up and am looking for insiration to finish my ke20 as well as other people that have done simialr things.

In breif, I am using a 4AGE bottem end(crank,rods,pistons) in a 5k block with holden V6 roller lifters, roller cam(obviously), 3k big port head(extensivly ported and modified combustion chamber), Hawk EC21 ECU and SC12 supercharger.

I have gotten caught up with 355 holdens and need to get motivated to finish this project as the engine itself is ready to assemble. All I need to do is make up the brackets for the blower and finish the inlet manifold.

I will post some pics up very soon.

Cheers, Matt

Members dont see this ad
Hi, I just joined up and am looking for insiration to finish my ke20 as well as other people that have done simialr things.

In breif, I am using a 4AGE bottem end(crank,rods,pistons) in a 5k block with holden V6 roller lifters, roller cam(obviously), 3k big port head(extensivly ported and modified combustion chamber), Hawk EC21 ECU and SC12 supercharger.

I have gotten caught up with 355 holdens and need to get motivated to finish this project as the engine itself is ready to assemble. All I need to do is make up the brackets for the blower and finish the inlet manifold.

I will post some pics up very soon.

Cheers, Matt

Get me pics my man and ill give you all the inspiration you need.

TRUST ME!!!!!!!!!!!!

post-1881-1152947557_thumb.jpg post-1881-1152947578_thumb.jpg

This is the crank, It has been welded on all the mains(on a gleeson welder specificly for welding cranks) to build them up 1mm and was stress relived, The nose was shrtened and bolt hole deepened, the shaft then spent a day in our CNC mill getting profiled,knife edged and radiused which removed 3kg's from memory. It was then re stress relived, dressed and shot peened, then ground and nitrided. All up probably 60-80 hours of work in the crank alone.

post-1881-1152947594_thumb.jpg

The rods are just std 4AGE and have been dressed, shot peened, fitted with 3/8" ARP bolts, resized, aligned, small ends were re bushed and offset pin bored to get the correct deck height without having to deck heaps off the block.

post-1881-1152947614_thumb.jpg

Theres not much I could do with the blower apart from pull it apart and check/clean it then paint it.

The block had to be relived to fit the fully counterweighted crank but its nothing special to look at, it has also been line bored, bored, honed, and decked.

post-1881-1152947557_thumb.jpg post-1881-1152947578_thumb.jpg

This is the crank, It has been welded on all the mains(on a gleeson welder specificly for welding cranks) to build them up 1mm and was stress relived, The nose was shrtened and bolt hole deepened, the shaft then spent a day in our CNC mill getting profiled,knife edged and radiused which removed 3kg's from memory. It was then re stress relived, dressed and shot peened, then ground and nitrided. All up probably 60-80 hours of work in the crank alone.

post-1881-1152947594_thumb.jpg

The rods are just std 4AGE and have been dressed, shot peened, fitted with 3/8" ARP bolts, resized, aligned, small ends were re bushed and offset pin bored to get the correct deck height without having to deck heaps off the block.

post-1881-1152947614_thumb.jpg

Theres not much I could do with the blower apart from pull it apart and check/clean it then paint it.

The block had to be relived to fit the fully counterweighted crank but its nothing special to look at, it has also been line bored, bored, honed, and decked.

Ok so what now,have you done a dummy up of the rotating assembly to make sure it all turns ok.

What cubes is the engine now with all this done. 1650 or there abouts.

Give us a look at the cam and head,then assemble the engine and get it going alreday.

can't wait for this.

Edited by madrolla68

Ok so what now,have you done a dummy up of the rotating assembly to make sure it all turns ok.

What cubes is the engine now with all this done. 1650 or there abouts.

Give us a look at the cam and head,then assemble the engine and get it going alreday.

can't wait for this.

Its all been dummied and all is good, Cam and head are still at my old work.

its now 1600cc.

mate i've got a ke20 and a 4agze to put in it, I'm in the same boat for motivation, i have alot of things to do but not sure were to start..

Good luck mate look forward to seeing the future piccies...

Yeah thatnks man, I'm thinking I should have just used a 4AGZE in the first place, would of cost a hell of alot less thats for sure, and would of saved re-inventing the wheel.

Good luck with yours.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Anyone interested in buying this engine minus the roller cam?, the bottom end is 100% ready to be assembled. and the head is 10 mins work away from being ready to fit.

Only thing i would do different if I was to finish the project is go turbo not blown.

Anyone interested in buying this engine minus the roller cam?, the bottom end is 100% ready to be assembled. and the head is 10 mins work away from being ready to fit.

Only thing i would do different if I was to finish the project is go turbo not blown.

Put it in the for sale section with all the details and price,then take it from there.

Its all been dummied and all is good, Cam and head are still at my old work.

its now 1600cc.

If it's got the same crank, rods and pistons as a 4A-GE, wouldn't it be 1587cc exactly like a 4A-GE?

And that being the case, what would have prompted you to do it in the first place?

Sorry, I'm not trying to bag on your project, but it seems odd that you'd go to all this trouble to make 5K the same capacity as a 4A-GE, without the benefits of DOHC or the 4A-GE's inherent strength.

That being said, at least it's something different. VERY, VERY different.